Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nurse actually leads the D core in 5v5 IPP, so he's involved in the highest percentage of offense while he's on the ice, but the overall offense is lower because he sees less time with McDavid and in less offensive situations.
Well...I watch Nurse kill the play time and time again.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Rest Ekholm and play Bouchard with Kulak as the top pairing for the last game of the regular season against Colorado. Unless Colorado is resting players that pairing gets obliterated. Even if they are resting players a Bouchard/Kulak pairing gets red ass spanked.
That's because Kulak is no good. lol.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Guy will never, ever learn. Still has these maddening lapses defensively and also plays that stupid sweetheart game with a halfhearted stick swipe instead of leaning on his stick and getting in there. Scores lots, great.. can't wait for the morons in management to sign this one to a $9 million albatross contract, too.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He does look dumb when not producing points. Thing is that he is often producing points thus masking the defensive lapses.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I don't give a rats about plus minus.

I care about his lackadaisical play in his own zone.

He needs to stop acting like he smoked a bunch of weed and is out there chilling.

His turnover in the first period lost us this game
Maybe if this was like a 2-1 game or something, but I'd argue that it's pretty unlikely that 1 play in the first 20 minutes "loses you the game". What about the other 40 minutes?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Bouchard had a bad game, but he certainly wasn't alone. Nuge was brutal, as was Skinner, and Kane and McLeod can't piss a drop.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I don't give a rats about plus minus.

I care about his lackadaisical play in his own zone.

He needs to stop acting like he smoked a bunch of weed and is out there chilling.

His turnover in the first period lost us this game
The fact you see it as lackadaisical shows you' can't process the play.
Lackadaisical suggests he didn't put in enough effort to clear it...but he wasn't trying to clear it. He made a very skilled pass that Foegle abanoned.

Unlike Nurse who just hammers pucks back to the other team. Last nite again he made a nice juke to open up space. He had a winger wide open, then proceeded to rifle a pass at him. What could have been a zone entry turned into a turnover cuz the winger had no choice but to tip it in.
But hey, he cleared the zone so what talent

Reactions: oobga

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Sure he was all that in game 1 too but had a 4pt night.
You are proving my point. He crapped out 4 points which is why some people on here think he is a top 5/10 in the league.

He's not

Honestly, they should waive him before it's too late.
Glad you take discussions and confrontations well

Bouchard was bad yet again. Fact is FACT

Reactions: Gunnersaurus Rex

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Maybe if this was like a 2-1 game or something, but I'd argue that it's pretty unlikely that 1 play in the first 20 minutes "loses you the game". What about the other 40 minutes?
LAK are a team you do not want to fall behind to. They flourish with the lead

Maybe if Bouchard doesn't do that we go up 1-0 and it's a whole new game

Reactions: guymez

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lackadaisical suggests he didn't put in enough effort to clear it...but he wasn't trying to clear it. He made a very skilled pass that Foegle abanoned.

Unlike Nurse who just hammers pucks back to the other team. Last nite again he made a nice juke to open up space. He had a winger wide open, then proceeded to rifle a pass at him. What could have been a zone entry turned into a turnover cuz the winger had no choice but to tip it in.

Yeah, i watched that play again, and I can't understand at all what the heck Foegele did. The puck was banked up the boards for Foegele. Foegele doesn't even put his stick on the ice, looks over at the puck, and instead of turning to get it, he just keeps on skating out of our zone, leaving the entire LA first line behind him with the puck. Our other forwards are all insisting on having nothing to do with our zone too. One make a half arsed effort at the puck at our blue line, and then totally bails off back to the neutral zone.

That's just full on brain dead flying the zone gambling. Stuff that killed us so much in the regular season.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Because of the grammatical words I chose I can't process the play? Great post

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
That boy sure shouldn't get paid that much. Difficult to win with players like this unless you have an Ekholm level defense partner covering for them, and every forward knows how to read plays. We do not have those forwards.

Forwards need to position themselves correctly for easy outlets. Know how to provide defensive coverage and be accomplished in actually providing that coverage, every game and every shift.

And since Ekholm went "offence first"... he's not the same player. He has to be defense first. Defense first if he's partnered with Bouchard.

• Haha
Reactions: bobbythebrain

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah, i watched that play again, and I can't understand at all what the heck Foegele did. The puck was banked up the boards for Foegele. Foegele doesn't even put his stick on the ice, looks over at the puck, and instead of turning to get it, he just keeps on skating out of our zone, leaving the entire LA first line behind him with the puck. Our other forwards are all insisting on having nothing to do with our zone too. One make a half arsed effort at the puck at our blue line, and then totally bails off back to the neutral zone.

That's just full on brain dead flying the zone gambling. Stuff that killed us so much in the regular season.
Bouchard needs to get that puck out...full stop. Foegele (rightly so) wasnt expecting Bouchard to soft dump the puck in behind/beside him with a Kings player bearing down. Foegele was accelerating out of the zone to transition the puck once it exits the zone. It should have been an easy play for Bouchard instead he shat the bed.
Even if Foegele does stop and retireve that puck he is sure to be bulldozed and lose possession. That probably explains why it wasnt on his radar. It was a dumb play.
Rather Foegele was likely expecting Bouchard to put the puck off the boards well ahead of him and out of the zone.
That was the proper play because even if Foegele isnt able to track down the puck the fact that the puck has cleared the zone gives the D a chance to reset.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad