Europa League 2017/2018

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hate that hassenhuttl thinks having just 4 players in the deep central areas is enough, but other than Poulsen I'm pretty happy with every other starter in that lineup. Within their 4-4-2 Sabitzer should take Poulsen's spot next to Timo and the wingers should be Forsberg & Bruma; but Poulsen does a lot of work against the ball so maybe the added pressing effectiveness makes the difference.

PS now you guys better batter BMG on the weekend so that Eberl pulls the trigger on Hecking...and replaces him with Tuchel...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nifty finish for Ounas, I was shocked that neither team had conceded yet...though RB had been putting more pressure on Napoli than vice versa prior to the goal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And Werner with the equalizer...with Poulsen, importantly, not touching the ball in that sequence; good god is he mediocre with the ball.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Shame Napoli are so focused on the league, because I'd love to see how RB's pressing responded to that possession game at full flow; but still a good showing for Leipzig's kids in the club's 7th european match.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Today was a nice day for an EL doubleheader. BVB-Atalanta was a great game, is Ilicic consistently that good? he was amazing tonight. Tall and skilled, his first goal was gorgeous. RBL-Napoli same thing. Napoli looked disinterested as hell, but still a nice game. RBL is such a fun team to watch, lots of scoring chances and pacey guys.

Rulli had another blunder, wtf.

Reactions: cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Today was a nice day for an EL doubleheader. BVB-Atalanta was a great game, is Ilicic consistently that good? he was amazing tonight. Tall and skilled, his first goal was gorgeous. RBL-Napoli same thing. Napoli looked disinterested as hell, but still a nice game. RBL is such a fun team to watch, lots of scoring chances and pacey guys.

Rulli had another blunder, wtf.

He's a lost cause...year needs to be scrapped and find a new team. I hear Dortmund sucks like him now.

Watched Zenit/Celtic first half... Mammana looked stellar after some loose passes early.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leipzig on paper should be able to go far in this competition. Hope they go for it. Teams like Napoli and Spurs annoy me with how disinterested they were in the Europa League.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Copenhagen - Atleti was a good match. Scoreline could have been closer if Copenhagen took a couple of their chances better or could make that final play. When Griezmann leaves Atleti will need to spend to replace him.

Fantastic performance from celtic tonight. Unlucky to only win 1-0. Still a great resuly

Congratulations. Looking forward to Sutton's commentary about the match.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rodgers should be coaching a bigger club, but one that does the transfers for him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just watching a bit of BVB-Atalanta and Ilicic's first goal was excellent. Even his second was more difficult than it looked. Didn't even realize Fiorentina had sold him. Crazy that a player of that quality can go for as little as 5.5 million in today's market. With all the money in the Premiership I can think of a few sides that could use a player of that ilk.

Speaking of bargains, Batshitsushi is lighting the lamp for BVB. If they have an option to buy they should probably take it. Conte really not looking good at the moment after that decision.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
24 goals in the last 24 EL matches for Aduriz. Guy is now 37 years old too.

EDIT: Apparently only 2nd to Falcao in all time Europa League goalscoring (which I'm assuming doesn't include the Uefa Cup).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad