Euro Stats History

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Looking for comprehensive Czech and Czechoslovak all-time player stats for World Championship, European and Olympic competitions.

Also any other European leagues, especially those behind the Iron Curtain, which are very difficult to find.

Can anyone help me out?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
SIHR membership. Not great for the domestic leagues (yet, the best single source for those leagues, isn't it?) but there aren't any problems with their international tournament stats.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
SIHR membership. Not great for the domestic leagues (yet, the best single source for those leagues, isn't it?) but there aren't any problems with their international tournament stats.

The stats listed in the thread I linked are pulled from a variety of sources, and should be accurate than SIHR. Or at least more accurate than SIHR was as of a few years ago. For example, the Soviet league stats were PMed to me by a Russian poster, who was using a Russian language source I believe.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
The stats listed in the thread I linked are pulled from a variety of sources, and should be accurate than SIHR. Or at least more accurate than SIHR was as of a few years ago. For example, the Soviet league stats were PMed to me by a Russian poster, who was using a Russian language source I believe.

yeah, that is good for top-10s. If he wants more, I think an SIHR membership is his best bet.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Well, of the free sources, the Eliteprospects (http://www.eliteprospects.com/) is pretty good, as far as major international tournaments (WHC, Olympics, Canada Cups) go. When I did a (international) statistical comparison between Novy, Martinec and Nedomansky some while ago, I found the site quite helpful and trustworthy, even though there were some little obscurities and even little errors; e.g. Martinec's 1976 Canada Cup point total is wrong, even though they have his goals and assists right (3+4≠5)! Apparently 3+4=7 proved to be too demanding of a calculation in this case :sarcasm:
In addition to this, their stats can be often a little incomplete (some singular tournaments missing for some players). So one would need to be careful, and should definitely not trust that 'Career Totals' table that they have for every player!

The 'goironpigs' site (http://www.goironpigs.com/?cat=40) lists the all-time Top 15-25 scorers by nation ('Europe') in major international tournaments (WHC, Olympics, Canada Cup). Unfortunately, for some reason, they have preferred to list the 'appearances' (i.e. the number of tournaments played) rather than the games played, so it is impossible to find out players' PPG by using this site. Also, I'm not sure how trustworthy it is in the case of the pre-1960s players; e.g. one would expect to see Vladimír Zábrodský among the all-time top Czechoslovaks, but he's not there (Zombies?). However, I do believe that the stats for 'modern' players (from the 1960s on) are pretty reliable.

For even closer examination (or source, reference, whatnot), Czech Wikipedia has the box-scores for the World Championship and the Olympic hockey games.
Another message board (International Hockey Forums http://www.internationalhockey.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?20-IHWC-CANADA-CUP-OLYMPICS&) also has box-scores for e.g. many old World Championship tournaments; even though finding the tournament (=post) you're after can be a pain, I think the stats are somewhat more reliable and partly more complete (shots on goal etc.) than Wikipedia's.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad