Solution:
upload_2021-11-24_10-19-38.png

Like 2020, back to the “bubble”

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Rumor has it that you can sweat COVID out through rigorous exercise. Makes sense

Answer to whether player can exercise:

“Per NHL protocols, "A person whose COVID-19 positive status has been confirmed shall remain in isolation, shall not exercise, and shall not participate in any training activity or have any contact (other than remotely) with any other personnel for the duration of their isolation."

btw: if player has certain symptoms then they need to have a cardiac review before being cleared to play. I recommend that for the general population too.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Answer to whether player can exercise:

“Per NHL protocols, "A person whose COVID-19 positive status has been confirmed shall remain in isolation, shall not exercise, and shall not participate in any training activity or have any contact (other than remotely) with any other personnel for the duration of their isolation."

btw: if player has certain symptoms then they need to have a cardiac review before being cleared to play. I recommend that for the general population too.

Thanks. Seems like a really weird restriction for the NHL to implement (and difficult to enforce).

Must be that the restriction is aimed at keeping the person away from training facilities as I don't know of any scientific reason why a person who tests positive, particularly someone who is asymptomatic, can't exercise at all.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Rumor has it that you can sweat COVID out through rigorous exercise. Makes sense
The (contested) president of Belarus is saying that. If one of his subjects was stupid enough to contract covid, he should proceed to pull himself through it by healthy hard farm work.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Question?……Why is Bear listed as an injury scratch?
Shouldn’t he be non-roster nhl since it’s Covid related?….and wouldn’t that make his salary not count against the cap?

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Question?……Why is Bear listed as an injury scratch?
Shouldn’t he be non-roster nhl since it’s Covid related?….and wouldn’t that make his salary not count against the cap?

The Protocol, man. The Protocol.

EXHIBIT 25-A In the event a Player is diagnosed with a confirmed positive finding for COVID-19 (or has a resulting and/or related illness), the Club Physician shall issue an Exhibit 25-A designating the Player as “unfit to play”.

• If the Player is Fully Vaccinated or if the Player is not vaccinated for medical reasons or because doing so would conflict with his sincerely held religious beliefs the Player shall be deemed to have sustained an illness during and arising out of the course of his employment as a hockey player for such period as he may be removed from training, practice or play, and his condition shall be treated as a hockey related injury for all purposes under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
The Protocol, man. The Protocol.

EXHIBIT 25-A In the event a Player is diagnosed with a confirmed positive finding for COVID-19 (or has a resulting and/or related illness), the Club Physician shall issue an Exhibit 25-A designating the Player as “unfit to play”.

• If the Player is Fully Vaccinated or if the Player is not vaccinated for medical reasons or because doing so would conflict with his sincerely held religious beliefs the Player shall be deemed to have sustained an illness during and arising out of the course of his employment as a hockey player for such period as he may be removed from training, practice or play, and his condition shall be treated as a hockey related injury for all purposes under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Well can you now explain why DeAngelo and Pesce ARE listed as non-roster but Bear is still just as injured?
Seems to me, Bear also should have been non-roster…….which was my original inquiry

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well can you now explain why DeAngelo and Pesce ARE listed as non-roster but Bear is still just as injured?
Seems to me, Bear also should have been non-roster…….which was my original inquiry
Where is this information listed?

Could it be that the official confirmation has not yet gone through and currently they are only placed in the COVID-19 protocol?

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
this covid shit is tiresome and never going to end.

over it.

Stop moving the damn goal posts.

And who is the NHL to say a player can't exercise? The f*** they gonna do? Put you in a cell on camera? Don't laugh. It's next.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Capfriendly transactions
Thanks. My current guess is that they haven't yet been confirmed tested positive for COVID, so they don't officially qualify for hockey-related injured as CapFriendly is concerned. The report was they've "entered the COVID protocols". I think "non-roster" is a placeholder of sorts to denote in the "transactions" that they are not in playing roster currently, but they aren't for example listed in non-roster in the Hurricanes roster page on CapFriendly.

Bear I believe was straight away reported to have tested positive in the first reports. I guess this is temporary situation "pending more information".

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
this covid shit is tiresome and never going to end.

over it.

Stop moving the damn goal posts.

And who is the NHL to say a player can't exercise? The f*** they gonna do? Put you in a cell on camera? Don't laugh. It's next.

Non-Exercise rule is there to protect the player (the NBA actually requires a Cardiologist review before allowing a player back on the court) given the chance that there is heart inflammation due to Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad