Estimating the size of the NHL's talent pool (1950-2023)

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Man, these threads....
Yeah, I'm starting to find the quality of posts on this forum is in decline recently. And, honestly, I think all of these threads that basically boil down to "past-vs.-today" (like this one) are part of the problem. It just seems to bring out the worst in posters.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Yeah, I'm starting to find the quality of posts on this forum is in decline recently. And, honestly, I think all of these threads that basically boil down to "past-vs.-today" (like this one) are part of the problem. It just seems to bring out the worst in posters.

You're right, but the reason for the endless debate is that this is the history forum and generation after generation of fans seem to pop in here with the todays players are bionic superheroes compared to the past argument.

Remember when Crosby was the best a hockey player could possibly be now because of all the dedicated training, "systems" that no one can seem to say anything specific about, coaching, nutrition and all that... and then McDavid shows up and blows him away. Remember when Lidstrom was the best a defenseman could possibly be for the same reasons?

Now it is the same arguments for McDavid and Makar.. and round and round we go..

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You're right, but the reason for the endless debate is that this is the history forum and generation after generation of fans seem to pop in here with the todays players are bionic superheroes compared to the past argument.

Remember when Crosby was the best a hockey player could possibly be now because of all the dedicated training, "systems" that no one can seem to say anything specific about, coaching, nutrition and all that... and then McDavid shows up and blows him away. Remember when Lidstrom was the best a defenseman could possibly be for the same reasons?

Now it is the same arguments for McDavid and Makar.. and round and round we go..
Strawman is strawman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad