ESPN Power Rankings

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Woah. That's kind of crazy. I was thinking top 5 perhaps, but #1 is pretty aggressive.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
so awesome to see this. man its been a long 20 years of going to these games but we're finally done with the rebuild and it feels damn good

nyckid72

Oct 18, 2014
Dania Beach, Fl
By Pierre LeBrun (posted Nov. 24, 2014)
Week:
39697COMMENTS45EMAIL

This week in the Rankings I want to reward one of the NHL's most loyal fan bases with the top spot. And why not? Their team deserves some love!

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's been a good week for us.

The team's confidence must be at an all-time high right now, if you think we're excited to see ESPN select us as the best team in hockey (for this week at least) imagine how they feel.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
ESPN puts us toward the bottom last year but they don't know hockey...who cares what they think? They put us #1 and some of us are thrilled. Personally I'm indifferent-if anything I don't like it. We still have a lot to prove, but luckily this year I think we will! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
ESPN puts us toward the bottom last year but they don't know hockey...who cares what they think? They put us #1 and some of us are thrilled. Personally I'm indifferent-if anything I don't like it. We still have a lot to prove, but luckily this year I think we will! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Its a weekly power ranking, we had a very good week. Relax

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I guess this is nice. The way Pierre lists us, then with the disclaimer, it has that ring of him helping a poor schlub out.

Hey Pierre, how about getting your flagship to stop crapping on the NHL with meager coverage?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Lebrun isn't bad. Burnside is a dirtbag though, he continually goes out of his way to bash us somehow. If Burnside ranked us #1 then it would raise my eyebrows.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If it winds up this way in June , buffalo can pick 1,29,30,31
And that would be ok with me

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Lebrun isn't bad. Burnside is a dirtbag though, he continually goes out of his way to bash us somehow. If Burnside ranked us #1 then it would raise my eyebrows.

I love Burnside! Without his article on Nelson earlier this season, I would have never known who he was!

Sarcasm obvz.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
The team has been playing with great effort, discipline, and most important of all, they had been playing as a team. However I feel that they are close, but not quite an elite team yet. Yes, they been quite focused as a team, getting that most of time from most of the players in recent game. Isles my favorite team still have area to improve - PP, face-offs, protecting the crease area in their own zone. and they can also be a little better on watching for rebounds. cash in on those chances in front of the net and use more deflection to score goals. Never be satisfied and keep improving, staying healthy and you will be in the playoff for sure. Remember that the Rags is a very talented team with an elite goalie and Caps can be competitive if OV get hot again. Detroit, Ottawa have also been playing quite well up to now. It is never going to be easy this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad