ESPN: Isles A Force in the Metro?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The 5-0 in shootouts is helping us tremendously there is no doubt, but this team is night and day better than last year in all areas.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It must kill that dirtbag Burnside to give the Isles any credit. He's always been up there with Ferraro and Hrudey as guys who will take every opportunity to take a shot at the Isles. Ferraro and Hrudey are clearly bitter, but I don't know what Burnside's malfunction is. Is he another one who was an Isles fan growing up? Whatever, he can go suck it as a noted Isles hater.

BTW, I'm loving telling everyone to SUCK IT. LOL. :)

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Pretty awesome feeling when the Isles are getting respect and recognition from everyone. This team is good, they been playing hard and deserve every bit of attention they get. It's a great time to be an Islander fan!

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Isles have the 3rd best shot-differential in the league. That ain't luck, Bucci.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
It must kill that dirtbag Burnside to give the Isles any credit. He's always been up there with Ferraro and Hrudey as guys who will take every opportunity to take a shot at the Isles. Ferraro and Hrudey are clearly bitter, but I don't know what Burnside's malfunction is. Is he another one who was an Isles fan growing up? Whatever, he can go suck it as a noted Isles hater.

BTW, I'm loving telling everyone to SUCK IT. LOL. :)

Hrudey? Or Healy? I haven't seen much from Hrudey in some time. Ferraro has softened his tone towards the franchise a bit in the past couple of years, but he has a lot to make up for, definitely.

Lately I'm finding that Puck Daddy's writers, especially Wyshynski, are finding ways to put the Islanders down in their content and that frustrates me. I hope the solid play continues at a good pace and forces some more crow-eating.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hrudey? Or Healy? I haven't seen much from Hrudey in some time. Ferraro has softened his tone towards the franchise a bit in the past couple of years, but he has a lot to make up for, definitely.

Lately I'm finding that Puck Daddy's writers, especially Wyshynski, are finding ways to put the Islanders down in their content and that frustrates me. I hope the solid play continues at a good pace and forces some more crow-eating.

You're right, I meant Healy. Brain fart due to old age on my part.

Pumpkin Pal

Oct 17, 2014
Isles have the 3rd best shot-differential in the league. That ain't luck, Bucci.

Yeah he seemed to imply that the Isles were a bit lucky there. And sure, the shootout helps, but like you said all of their underlying fancy stats look good too. This team isn't a fluke that's getting by on smoke and mirrors.

Keep in mind that when Buccigross projected the Canadian Olympic team last year he was the only person who didn't have JT making the roster somehow. I have no idea where his fandom lies but he's always seemed a little sketchy on the Isles to me.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004

The shoot out results do kind of skew the results.
A better metric to performance is GF/GA where we are 7th in the league.
That is a metric that Babcock looks at when considering who is doing well or not.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
"some of the kids up front who are providing excellent depth scoring. Brock Nelson, um, uhhhhh"

Are you really a reporter?? Or is it common practice to NOT know the names of players on a team you are about to talk about? Seriously....

Good to see the team get some recognition.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
"some of the kids up front who are providing excellent depth scoring. Brock Nelson, um, uhhhhh"

Are you really a reporter?? Or is it common practice to NOT know the names of players on a team you are about to talk about? Seriously....

Good to see the team get some recognition.

It's Burnside, he's a clown who has always spewed venom towards the Isles. He's a joke anyway, didn't expect him to know anything.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
this...

I feel worried...I kinda just wish we were flying under the radar

Get used to it buddy, it's the tip of the iceberg. We're not laughingstocks anymore, this team is legit and is now entering their contention window. With how Snow has structured the cap and the roster... we should be in this mode for quite some time.

We're at the stage where we're learning to transition from running to sprinting. Crawling, walking, and running are old hats now.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
I don't like all this attention-makes me feel like we're going to have a let-down

Actually, the start of the Philly game, i felt like the team kinda expected to go out and just win...almost as if they were reading too many of their press clippings. The passes were sloppy...just wasnt a pretty 1st period. 12-5 in shots i think, but really didnt seem like that being at the game.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Does anyone know what the team shooting % is? I feel like we are making every goalie look like a Vezina goalie

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Devils were 0-13 in the shootout last season and were five points out of making the playoffs.

This is an Islander team need that needs to get to the big dance. It doesn't really matter how they get there.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looks like Sportscenter is also giving the Isles some love...

@SportsCenter: Islanders win again! John Tavares scores OT game-winner to beat Capitals.
New York has won 5 straight and 10 of 11. http://t.co/86wjid59qo

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/537803479025483777

@SportsCenter: Strange But True: In their last 11 games, Islanders have won more games (10) than Jets, Giants and Knicks have COMBINED for all season (9).

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/537812852883881985

The second tweet has almost 2,000 retweets/favorites.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Does anyone know what the team shooting % is? I feel like we are making every goalie look like a Vezina goalie

Well since you asked.... :naughty:

Here it is with our last six seasons for comparison. It was ridiculously high early on but has since come to earth. It's about 9.75% right now which is good for sixth in the league. I think 9.75 is sustainable for this team.

(data from war-on-ice.com)

BroadwayJay*

Well since you asked.... :naughty:

Here it is with our last six seasons for comparison. It was ridiculously high early on but has since come to earth. It's about 9.75% right now which is good for sixth in the league. I think 9.75 is sustainable for this team.

(data from war-on-ice.com)

League average would be 8.5% I think. Is that 5v5?

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Love the attention, but man Buccigross and Burnside both suck. Especially Burnside.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Love the attention, but man Buccigross and Burnside both suck. Especially Burnside.

Yeah, Burnside couldn't even name off Strome which Buccigross thankfully did (when discussing younger Isles players).

It just goes to show how biased these guys are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad