ESPN is a joke..

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Howard35, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Howard35

Howard35 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Im sorry, mock draft or not, this has got to go where everyone else is

take a look at this mock draft...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2007/news/story?id=2908675

sorry if already posted, but this is the biggest CROCK OF **** ive ever seen... Gagner 3rd? yea phoenix lacks centerman allright, thats why hanzel and mueller are 1-2...

2. Stevedude530

Stevedude530 Registered User

The teams aren't even in the correct drafting positions, as St. Louis picks at 24 & 26, and Edmonton is at 30.

3. The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* Guest

Can never have too many centers, I don't have a problem with the mock.

Seems to be someone is just looking for something to complain about.

4. The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* Guest

Thats truw, but I just like reading about the players.

5. ELab2

ELab2 Registered User

This is what Bettman bought us.

6. The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* Guest

Bettman just got a two million ndollar raise so he must be doing something right.

7. canuck_Feyde

canuck_Feyde Registered User

Positions are subject to change on or before draft day...

8. CCBC

CCBC Registered User

It's like they averaged the 18th and the 30th.... to become our real pick #24.

9. TeMoZ

TeMoZ Registered User

LOL!

They think Burke is going to draft a Russian!

HA!!:biglaugh:

10. Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge Registered User

Penguins draft Sweatt, that's all I care about.

I'd be happy. If Lars Eller is on the board (he doesn't get drafted at all in this mock) and we pass him up I'd be mildly upset.

11. Westguy13

Westguy13 Registered User

Uhh did you even read that? I love that out of all the stupid things in the mock draft you could have picked you pick one that isn't even off base. Read agian.

Mueller and Hanzel aren't exactly the type of center they are talking about. They aren't saying they don't have centers they are talking about a finesse center.

Anyway it's ESPN they really don't care about anything that they don't broadcast. It's been their rap as long as they've been a network. Ever watch Sportscenter for hockey highlights? Not exactly a regularity. That out of the way other then an order flaw or two it's not that far off base on a few picks. So Burke drafting a russian probably wont happen but most of the picks made are in decent position. This draft is wide open.

12. Judge Sauer*

Judge Sauer* Guest

Well, it's at least one mock draft that doesn't have the Habs picking Esposito (He's all the way up at 8th on this draft). I've been wanting the Habs to draft Sutter and Petrecki this coming year.

13. Dr Love

Dr Love Registered User

Gunslinger
    How about, instead of bashing an entity such as ESPN, you bash the person who actually wrote it. In this case it's not even a full time ESPN writer. So be annoyed at the guy who actually wrote it. I dislike ESPN as much as the next person, but a mock draft for the NHL is nowhere near a priority for them, nor should it be. The person who made this mock draft used to be the cheif scout for the ISS... can't blame them for going to a guy like that.

14. The refs love me

The refs love me Registered User

Well, ESPNBA will nail the mock NBA draft to the player. Hard to do a mock draft for a sport you could care less exists.

15. MrAlfie

MrAlfie Guest

In this case you can blame ESPN for not letting Mark Seidel edit his mock draft.
    Read his explanation about the draft order and youll understand a couple of things:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=9603247#post9603247

this just further proves that ESPN doesnt give a **** about hockey.
    Seidel made some strange predictions (turris at 6) but don´t blame him for the wrong draft order when ESPN wouldn´t even answer his emails asking if he could edit his article.

16. New Sabres Captain

New Sabres Captain ForFriendshipDikembe

Of course! Because Turris ISN'T going to drop, and Gagner is not going at #3.

Katic at #15??

Hamill at #23? If Lowe is doing backflips at #6 when Turris is available, what will Sather be doing when Hamill falls that low to him?

And is it really that hard to get the draft order correct? I mean, it's only been on about a 1000 different web sites since the playoffs ended :shakehead

A much better mock draft from CNNSI:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/allan_muir/06/19/mock.draft/index.html

And they get the draft order right!

17. AVS30

AVS30 Registered User

Ya, I agree. I hate that ESPN devotes no more than 5 minutes per show to hockey related issues, whether it be highlights, news, or Barry Melrose's analysis. :cry::rant::shakehead

18. MrAlfie

MrAlfie Guest

obviously you didn´t click on the link I provided, so Im going to repost it just for you:

the author of this article had no chance to get the draft order right because they wouldnt let him edit his own article.

19. Static

Static Registered User

Maybe you should have read his explanations then, instead of bashing the person. Actually, how about not bashing at all, and simply not caring? As if any of this has any bearing on anything anyway.

20. loyst21

loyst21 Registered User

couldn't have said it better myself... and i was smart enough to join an nhl keeper league on espn last year.... keepers are still locked (yeah, offseason works the same in fantasy as in real life!) and no one can make trades either... such a joke

i got an email back from them saying it will be available soon, but my baseball keeper was available within days of the world series ending

... espn the WORLDwide leader in sports... in the US the world really only consists of the US though, which is funny because 25 of the 30 nhl teams are american, and they still dont care about hockey

21. xander

xander Registered User

Home Page:
    The Rangers also pick at 17, not 23. Though I'd be happy with Zach Hamill at either position.

22. PensFan101

PensFan101 Forever Champions.

Les Canadiens own pick #22, no?

23. xander

xander Registered User

Home Page:
    It's absolutely the writer's fault, but an organization like ESPN has to have an editor look over a story before they put their name too it. Getting the draft order wrong reaks of amateurism, and it ultimately reflects poorly on espn.

24. Siedel was co hosting Leafs Lunch today and mentioned that this list was made 2 months ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with draft position changes but I am sure a lot of guys stock have dropped or went up in these last 2 months.

25. Judge Sauer*

Judge Sauer* Guest

Yes, 12th and 22nd