ESPN’s top 50 players in the playoffs

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Might be one of the worst lists I’ve ever seen, lmao. Kucherov at #6 stands out as particularly gross given his playoff history and performance this season.

Kucherov is shoul nbe numeber one without a question, until someone outperforms him in in the playoffs and tops his total points. The bias is unreal. Then again espn is using regular season stats for post season and he is number one in points this season and has the most points in the playoffs for season since the lockout grouping him with Gretzky again, and total over the five years.

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What the f*** has Matthews done to get ranked #1 for the playoffs?
I can only assume he's hoping by putting Matthews number 1 it will generate more clicks from fans and others questioning it.
cause I dunno what hes talking about. I would think McDavid would be higher on the list and above Matthews.

I guess hes thinking hes going to step in and just light the Bruins up or something but we got like 8 years of data showing hes likely not going to score at a extremely high rate in the playoffs

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kucherov is shouldnbe numeber one without a question, until someone outperforms him in in the playoffs and tops his total points. The bias is unreal. Then again espn is using regular season stats for post season and he is number one in points this season and has the most points in the playoffs for season since the lockout grouping him with Gretzky again, and total over the five years.

Mcdavid still#1 for me. 2 years ago i would have docked McDavid for playoffs, but not anymore. He's been phenomenal last 2 playoffs. And considering he's simply better than Kucherov overall, he should have been #1

In fact - although I'd strongly consider Kucherov #2, I can even rationalize both Drai and Mack above him. Drai has been just as stellar as McDavid in playoffs and arguably even better than Kucherov (smaller sample), and MacKinnon also is quite great.

You can probably even put Makar ahead if you really wanted to. Best defenseman in league, and strongest smythe trophy run out of all players in playoffs this year.

Not saying Kucherov has to be #5, but that top 5 is kind of interchangeable (Id still have McDavid#1).

The issue is Matthews at #1 lol.

It's a horrible list

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Looks like the prerequisite to be an ESPN hockey writer is an elementary education and an RNG.

Reactions: Outl4w

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With all the Leafs on this list they obviously think Toronto is getting out of the first round against Boston a team they can't beat....

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don't even know how to make sense of this list. Even if you take it more as an "end of regular season ranking for players who made the playoffs", that might explain having Matthews up high, but not having Kucherov at #6 and Pasta at... #18?

ESPN rage bait.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad