Tribute Erik Karlsson Was A Class Act

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Despite everything that happened, Karlsson gave his everything for this organization. I hope he comes home someday.

8 Years ago to the date....

10626676.jpg

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
i find it hard to know how to think of EK in the medium view. We’re a few years out and the immediate crushing emotions have faded. He was an elite, exciting player. Probably a flawed leader. Didn’t seem to value loyalty particularly. Did some nice things off the ice for fans and the community. Languishing in the sunshine counting his money is not what I would have chosen for him, or us. But life changes every day and you can only walk the path you‘re on.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Yep. Great guy. Would love to have him back if his price tag was lower. Hope he circles back to ottawa one day (I think his wife is from here, right?)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Elaborate?
He wasn’t the “classiest” person off the ice. Great player but he really was your typical asshole jock. His ego was real, not just confidence. Probably not the best choice for Captain. I’m sure he has come a long way since then.

Having said that, great player who was worth the price of admission, and sold his health to carry us to game 7 of the conference final.

I don’t need the stars on my team to be good people but don’t confuse great player with classy person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad