Confirmed with Link: Erik Karlsson named captain

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I really don't know why Bettman would be here to announce Karlsson as the captain unless he really has nothing to do. My guess is outdoor game, seems the most likely. I'd like to see a new arena thoo, that would be a lot more significant. Murray's retirement also may be an option.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
If this is true...it can go either way. Perhaps it makes Erik mature a bit faster and also play more disciplined.

But the best would be if he had nothing on his shoulders and just be left develop as player since his raw talent is very very rare. He also has the achilles troubles him. He should be allowed to figure out his game without distractions.

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
Murray and Melnyk agree to name Phillips the captain. Captain Phillips.

*Karlsson emerges from the shadows*

aPaYUXw.jpg

DeVoice

Jan 26, 2012
Sarnia
its going to be like a presser all serious....ladies and gents while on a trip to mexico EM was dragged into the jungle by a wild pack of mexican coffee frogs and as such he has left the team to me. Most likely Bobby signs.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 28s
Haven't sifted thru twitter, but source suggests this am's Sens announcement could also be signing of Bobby Ryan.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 20s
Hearing OTT signs Bobby Ryan to a 7-year extension. AAV just over $7m per.

boom

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Ryan signing long term would be pretty significant for the franchise. At least more than naming a captain which is more of a minor event.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
I would love it if they re-hauled the leader ship core - Karlsson with the 'C' and Ryan and Turris with the 'A's. I love Philly and Neiler but time to get this new era started.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
I support wholeheartedly the decision to go with EK over Phillips.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch 8s
Confirmed Bobby Ryan has signed a seven-year extension with #Sens

Voila_Capture462.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad