Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Frank Serevelli actually said that.

Dorions response was you can ask any GM in our divisions, they got a call on mike Hoffman.
Sens fans I have an idea, Trade E.K to us for a 2020 1st (only if he will resign with us) then we get him all this season then once he is resigned(we make sure there is no NTC) then we trade a signed E.K back (plus we can do it all bonus and we can pay it before we trade it) for our 1st back win win for everyone except E.K lol

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean, I don’t want to crap on Ottawa while they’re down, but I can’t imagine Duchene wants any part of another rebuild and he’s a UFA after this year where he just saw how in demand centers are.

I mean I can see it happening but form what I’ve seen said I think it’s more likely he stays. I wouldn’t worry about piling on, it hasn’t stopped anyone else and we know who ends up with egg on their face later down the road.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No, Tallon stated that he never offered the picks package to OTT that he did to SJ, Dorion wanted roster players.

Tallon said no, and negotiated a better deal with SJ.

Then Dorion came out and said he is old school, and doesnt like to trade within the division. So he took a worse deal and saw the player come back to the division anyways.
No way in hell that deal is better. If they had to have players he should have taken the pick and flipped them. Sakic and Wison have both clowned him this way.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I actually think the offer is fair.

Those are going to be late 1st round picks, you’re pretty going to the conference finals each year. Especially if you can keep everyone together.

You don’t need any other additions on defence when Karlsson can eat all of those minutes.

Breaking down the value

1-top prospect (expected)
2- 3 1st round picks, probably late and also staggered. One of them being FIVE years from now.
3-Kapanen looks promising but he isn’t some top line elite winger.
4-Gardiner is alright, I like him.

Leafs are also in our division, so we want to be compensated for facing our former captain the next 7 years.

Or they keep Gardiner and his 52 points and all the assets suggested to be traded and Ottawa keeps Karlsson and his 62 points.
Sens fans are delusional for what they believe one year of Karlsson is worth.
:help:

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Klefbom + Lucic + 1st in 2019 + conditional 1st in 2020 if Karlsson resigns.
Choice of Yamamoto or puljujarvi as well .
For karlsson

lol why would you expect Ottawa--a broke ass team if there ever was one--to take on an expensive, dead weight contract in exchange for their best player?

Edmonton has the prospects + young roster players necessary to make a deal with Ottawa work, but the chances of Ottawa taking on Lucic's contract as part of the deal are zero. Ottawa's front office is dumb but they're not dumb enough to repeat the Ryan mistake.

Something along the lines of: Klefbom, Bouchard, a 2019 1st + a few conditional middling picks would be enough for the Sens to seriously consider pulling the trigger.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
lol why would you expect Ottawa--a broke ass team if there ever was one--to take on an expensive, dead weight contract in exchange for their best player?

Edmonton has the prospects + young roster players necessary to make a deal with Ottawa work, but the chances of Ottawa taking on Lucic's contract as part of the deal are zero. Ottawa's front office is dumb but they're not dumb enough to repeat the Ryan mistake.

Something along the lines of: Klefbom, Bouchard, a 2019 1st + a few conditional middling picks would be enough for the Sens to seriously consider pulling the trigger.
I agree, it makes zero sense for Ottawa to take on Lucic. But Bouchard is a complete nonstarter untouchable as far as I'm concerned. I'd only trade him 1 for 1 for Karlsson, not adding any other pieces. If the Oilers can find a suitor for Lucic's contract, what do you think about Klefbom/Nurse + 2019 1st + Puljujarvi/Yamamoto + Bear?

I don't think Bear has notoriety around the league yet, but he's certainly panning out to be a projected top-4 offensive defenseman.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Karlsson and Ryan to Philly for

McDonald
Frost
Sanheim
Lehtera
1st
2nd
3rd

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
I agree, it makes zero sense for Ottawa to take on Lucic. But Bouchard is a complete nonstarter untouchable as far as I'm concerned. I'd only trade him 1 for 1 for Karlsson, not adding any other pieces. If the Oilers can find a suitor for Lucic's contract, what do you think about Klefbom/Nurse + 2019 1st + Puljujarvi/Yamamoto + Bear?

I don't think Bear has notoriety around the league yet, but he's certainly panning out to be a projected top-4 offensive defenseman.

I mean, I think it goes without saying that Ottawa would never even consider a Bouchard for Karlsson 1-for-1 trade. But, the Klefbom + 2019 1st + Puljujarvi + would be something the Sens would have to consider. But, given that the Sens are giving up a HoF RD it makes sense that they'd target a young RD as part of the return (Bouchard obv). If EDM isn't willing to give him up, well, good luck improving on defence next year. I'm sure Bouchard will be a good player in three years. Ottawa will look elsewhere.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Karlsson + Ryan
for
Dougie Hamilton (3 years x $5.75 million) + 2019 1st (top-10 protected)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
You are such a massive homer. Why do you choose to exist this way?

Hey the Canes already bilked one team out of a superior defender using a quantity of lesser assets. Why not try for round 2?

Do you know what I am saying, friend?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Or they keep Gardiner and his 52 points and all the assets suggested to be traded and Ottawa keeps Karlsson and his 62 points.

Holy crap! Don't ever put Gardiner and Karlsson in the same sentence ever again! Gosh...I don't even want to explain that one to you. If you were a dog, I'd put your nose in that post. BAD!

Reactions: sebsisles

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

dear god did you just compare gardiner to karlsson

i know you guys are happy and drunk with getting tavares but come on

Reactions: sebsisles

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Would sens fans accept Nylander, Liljegren, plus 2 firsts for EK in a sign and trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad