Player Discussion Erik Haula Appreciation Thread... We'll Miss You Haula-Famer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Seriously... I think he was one of the most well liked players across the board around here!

What wasn't to like? He played a confident game and had a swagger to his step... and played with pure energy. He started out as a worry int he faceoff circle, but became ultra-dependable there as he grew as a player!

That, combined with his speed (if Zucker wasn't on the same team, he would have been BY FAR the fastest player on the roster, but I think Zucker and him were neck and neck... I'd still give the edge to Haula), made him such an underrated impact player. Unfortunately it also caused him to outprice himself from the roster. Just couldn't afford the luxury anymore.

One last time! Holla-for-Haula!!!!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My second favorite guy on the team. OTT celly's. Always thought he was on the verge of breaking out into a top 6 player. Don't know if he has Yeo to thank for his success, or Yeo to curse for his lack of success.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Did a great job in the shutdown role in the playoffs for a few years.

Also had one heck of a second half of the season with Torch at the helm. Too bad that version of Haula wasn't seen too often. He was a pretty inconsistent player, even though he had some great stretches.

Sounds like he's happy to go to Vegas. For some reason that doesn't surprise me at all.
Haula was vacationing in Italy on Wednesday but was pumped to be heading to Vegas. Because the trade wasn’t announced until the wee hours of the morning there, Haula opted to reserve comment until Thursday.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I liked him even though he could drive me batty at times. It's going to be hard to replace that speed and occasional scoring touch.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
He was a modern team player. Fast, could score, knew to PK and won faceoffs.
The perfect depth guy.
Unfortunately we have two expensive wingers.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
He was a good #3C for us last year. Hope he can get a fresh start in Vegas. Seventh round pick getting paid millions in the NHL. Good for him. Definitely going to miss his play and ludicrous speed.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
My favorite bottom-6 C ever. Good guy and could score too. Wishing nothing but a great career to him in Vegas.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Versatile as hell: 1st line center, 3rd line winger, 4th line, PK-expert, two-way forward... It tells something about the guy when we ran out of D this winter and he is the first guy to be considered as an replacement.

If he wasn't so hungry for goals, he could (like Scott Stevens said), make an excellent D.

Good luck to Erik, he gets a great new chance to show his skills.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i will always remember haula as a hustler. i wish haula & tuch the very best in their careers. ps haula should have switched his # back to #19 when it became available.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It was fun watching him go from the Gophers to the Wild. Scored some big goals for us, was a fun player to watch. Wishing him the best in Vegas, hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity!

vayeate

OZ-13MSX1
Jun 30, 2011
Not the most consistent player, but he was electric when he was on. I'll miss him.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Sad to see him go, and I think Vegas will love him.

I suspect he'll be the "Wes Walz" of their organization for years to come.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Vegas is probably the best spot for him to become the best player he can be, either as a middle-6 center or top-6 wing. He's getting a decent paycheck and a chance for another payday at 29yo if he excels in Vegas.

If he plays like he did when Torch was the Wild coach the sky is the limit for him.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The guys got crazy wheels. I remember a lot of times some d-man held him to the outside but he just turned on the jets and blew around him to put a hell of a shot on goal from point blank range.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Don't really know where to put this, but he praised Mikko as captain in Russo's article.

"Just getting a chance to come into the league, I'll always be grateful," Haula said. "And what a great job they've done with their leadership with Mikko [Koivu]. I owe him a lot. Everything I've learned from him, from being a pro and everything that comes with it."

One other quote:
"I'm really excited. It's a fresh start," Haula said by phone Thursday from the island of Capri, where he was wrapping up an Italian vacation with his girlfriend. "You knew where you were going to be going into camp with Minnesota, but here, I get a chance to compete for those top spots, which is the chance you want. I understand that nothing's ever given and I've learned that throughout my days. But hopefully I can go in there and make a really good impression and get a chance to play some of those top minutes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad