Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Despite being recruited by Sutter, the decision to bring him in was widely panned by fans. Especially for the reported salary.

Quarter way through the season, he's subverted expectations and has been looked quite comfortable in his role. Nice to have a steady #6 guy after some rocky years with our third pairing there.

If he keeps it up, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back.

P.S. It's not a jinx thread if I acknowledge what can happen by creating this discussion topic

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Definitely been surprisingly good. Which is what he's been for other teams that have strong bluelines(Nashville, Anaheim, Pittsburgh).

I think the overall blueline strength being better than expected has helped him. If we had last year's Andersson or didn't realize Kylington was good not sure if he'd be as solid. Darryl has him coloring in between the lines as a shutdown stay at home #5 and he's finding success in that role. We really don't have a ton of RD up and coming other than maybe Kinnvall so would not be opposed to another deal for Guddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanuuk

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
What about zadorov-liligren

both.jpg

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
If Kinnvall is ready by the end of the year, you gotta consider giving him a shot next year and bringing back Gio to be his partner.

I'm very upset we never got to see a Kylington-Fox pairing. That sounds like a good time.

Not sure what to make of Kinnvall honestly. Haven't seen him play outside of youtube and twitter clips. His numbers suggest he could be a proficient puck mover in the NHL.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
No to Gio unless he wants to come back and sign a 1 day deal to retire as a Flame. The man still plays ~22 minutes a night and is still a good d-man.

But he is in the way of the continuing progression of our young d-men.

Next year I fully expect one of Valimaki or Mackey to play on the 3rd pair. Guddy will be re-signed. Stoner will be resigned too. I don't think Zadorov will be unless he take a big pay cut.

Reactions: DFF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad