Erik Christensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
A member of the Baby Penguins, he looked awesome at Pens camp. He opened the AHL season with a 4 goal game, and scored 4 points in consecutive games recently to be currently tied for the AHL lead in scoring.

Anybody seen the kid play extensively in the WHL have any opinions on his potential? Anybody surprised/not surprised to see him doing so well in the AHL?

Avery4Byng*

I watched him alot in the WHL.... Good nose for the net, doesnt like playing in traffic, doesnt like the rough side of the game, verrry soft. Would be a superstar in Europe. :propeller

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I loved him in Kamloops, but honestly I didn't expect his game to translate to the pro game at all. The AHL is not the NHL...but he's playing far better against better competition than I thought he would.

He still needs to add alot of toughness, but in today's NHL he has a shot at being a solid NHLer.

The reports of him being soft are right on base though. He's got the grit of a saint.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I expected Christensen to put up good numbers this season, but he's absolutely on fire. I haven't gotten to see any of the games, but it seems as though he's taken that #1 center spot as a sophomore and ran away with it. Great to see, he's been one of my favorites since draft day. He is soft, but I also think he's incredibly skilled, enough so that he will be able to make up for his lack of grit in the new NHL. I see him as a winger on the big club, as he isn't going to beat out Crosby or Malkin for a center spot. He could see a call up sometime this season, and expect to stick as a 2nd line winger as early as next season.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
After seeing some live WB games last year I came away very impressed with Christensen's hands and offensive sense. As the year went on he got better defensively and I also liked the way that he would use his linemates. The main question about him IMO was his strength and stick figure frame but now he's seemed to have taken care of that somewhat, cleaned up his skating and it really improved his game. I'm very happy about his progress and the more I see of him the more he reminds me of Miro Satan.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Watched him play in Brandon for a season, He has top level skill when he wants to show it. Didnt seem to play hard all the time, tons of skill and a Great shot though.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I know what you said, but I've watched him as a pro, and he doesn't play soft. Junior play doesn't always translate to the professional game, he's playing on a very strucuted well coached team where everyone plays hard and everyone gets their nose dirty in the corners and so forth. Christensen isn't an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad