News Article: Erik Cernak suspended 2 games for hit on Dahlin

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
Equally egregious is the Lightning claim Dahlin lifted Cernak’s arm. They should be ashamed to assert that. No respect / integrity.
It seems teams like this are the ones that win though. Teams that through dirty checks, hook, trip, slash do what it takes and don't get caught are the ones that win.

We need to bring some of that to our team. I am not saying garbage part but the part where a little cheating goes a long way.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
It seems teams like this are the ones that win though. Teams that through dirty checks, hook, trip, slash do what it takes and don't get caught are the ones that win.

We need to bring some of that to our team. I am not saying garbage part but the part where a little cheating goes a long way.
I much prefer the way St. Louis cheats by running through people vs. Tampa's bitchmade scummy brand of hockey.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
the last 2 times a Sabres star was cheap shotted and injured, all out riots ensued.

The bench clearing brawl against Calgary the next game (and this was after bench clearing brawls were outlawed, we simply did not care) and the Ottawa brawl immediately after the hit.

I'd be surprised if this team responds with merely a push. That is 100% on botterill

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
the last 2 times a Sabres star was cheap shotted and injured, all out riots ensued.

The bench clearing brawl against Calgary the next game (and this was after bench clearing brawls were outlawed, we simply did not care) and the Ottawa brawl immediately after the hit.

I'd be surprised if this team responds with merely a push. That is 100% on botterill

Lucic on Miller ?

Reactions: oldgoalie

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
star to superstar player. Miller not on their level (but still, you should NEVER allow the goalie to be hit like that)

Could have given the example of Odjick on Hasek or Berube on Hasek but Dom wasn't hurt on the plays

Lucic on Miller is at least a pretty close comparable, and is the most recent example I can think of.

Based on recent precedent by the league (in general), and the Sabres (in particular), I'd be surprised if the Sabres respond at all. Maybe we finish a few checks (legally) on Cernak the next time we play them

Reactions: oldgoalie

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
2 games is not enough, especially considering that the refs failed to assess a 5 minute major on the play.

This was a case where DoPS could have made a real example for head contact and given out 5+ games, but for whatever reason decided not to. Very disappointing.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Lucic on Miller is at least a pretty close comparable, and is the most recent example I can think of.

Based on recent precedent by the league (in general), and the Sabres (in particular), I'd be surprised if the Sabres respond at all. Maybe we finish a few checks (legally) on Cernak the next time we play them

the pre neutered Ruff years would have at a minimum had a 6 on 6 brawl (that is, if we weren't the ones who were throwing the illegal check. Smehlik ruined Patrik Stefan with an elbow... one of the 3 checks he threw all year)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sabres should hire Rob Ray as self-defense coach. Dahlin and a lot of other Sabres need to learn to get their sticks up when they see a check coming. Develop a reputation as someone who will inflict damage if you take a run at them. It will make them think twice before they try to take runs at you. I'd rather see a Sabre take a suspension and miss a few games for cutting someone than miss the games with a concussion.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If a player is injured on a play which resulted in a penalty, suspension, or fine the offending team should be forced to pay the injured players cap hit until they return.

If necessary the cap recapture can slide for one season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Sabres should hire Rob Ray as self-defense coach. Dahlin and a lot of other Sabres need to learn to get their sticks up when they see a check coming. Develop a reputation as someone who will inflict damage if you take a run at them. It will make them think twice before they try to take runs at you. I'd rather see a Sabre take a suspension and miss a few games for cutting someone than miss the games with a concussion.

Play pointy. It is how many small players have played for years.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs fan here. Just saw the update on the Dahlin injury, f***ing sucks. That hit by Cernak should have received more games honestly. As egregious an elbow as you're gonna see IMO.

Reactions: valet

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Avs fan here. Just saw the update on the Dahlin injury, ****ing sucks. That hit by Cernak should have received more games honestly. As egregious an elbow as you're gonna see IMO.

The league hasn't been kind to Buffalo since they told them to keep Kaleta out of the NHL, and that was only compounded when the NHL felt like Buffalo was violating the code with the John Scott affair.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The league hasn't been kind to Buffalo since they told them to keep Kaleta out of the NHL, and that was only compounded when the NHL felt like Buffalo was violating the code with the John Scott affair.
Say, who was the Toronto coach who threw Phil out there knowing full well what was going to happen? Must be a real piece of crap, has he been in the news lately???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad