Erie Otters 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Might want to go OA to stabilize the young goalies as neither has been proven.
Only issue is Fimis/Alfano/Sova is already a high end OA class. If you are replacing any with an OA goalie then you are creating another hole on your roster elsewhere

Reactions: Mata and dirty12

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Any word on Terrance’s status? Articles say he will be back but there are rumblings it is more serious.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Any word on Terrance’s status? Articles say he will be back but there are rumblings it is more serious.
I was told that he would be out for the rest of the season.

Terrance is also a guy who would speed up the recovery process because he’s hungry to play. I could see him rushing back even when he’s not 100%.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I was told that he would be out for the rest of the season.

Terrance is also a guy who would speed up the recovery process because he’s hungry to play. I could see him rushing back even when he’s not 100%.
If he was diagnosed as out for the season, that suggests it’s severe enough that it doesn’t matter how much he wants to or tries to - it’s kind of out of your control.

Scheig said day to day after it happened. So maybe the diagnosis was out for the rest of the regular season. BG a bigger deal to be back but likely will have some rust after missing 2 months. Terrance still important and if he’s not close to 100 % or is out, that’s a big loss

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
If he was diagnosed as out for the season, that suggests it’s severe enough that it doesn’t matter how much he wants to or tries to - it’s kind of out of your control.

Scheig said day to day after it happened. So maybe the diagnosis was out for the rest of the regular season. BG a bigger deal to be back but likely will have some rust after missing 2 months. Terrance still important and if he’s not close to 100 % or is out, that’s a big loss
That’s kinda what I’m leaning towards. He took a weird fall but it didn’t look like more than just a sprain. I’m no doctor, but that’s what I’m hoping.

I keep refreshing for the lineups because it will give a definite answer.

They brought up Keegan Knight. He’s on defense. Could this overshadow the lack of trust Ken and crew has in Holomego? I’m sure it’s just to have someone extra on board in the event of an injury. He was at morning skate.

Reactions: NOA

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Received a picture of Ben in full gear at practice. Can anyone confirm?
The Otters posted it to their Facebook.

Waiting for the official lineup to know for sure. It looked like just Benny and Gibby from the practice photos. Had Fraser been at practice, I’d think they would’ve posted a pic of him. Can’t think too into it since they don’t mean much.

It would be nice to have Benny back.

Reactions: OttersHockey1968

OttersHockey1968

Apr 13, 2022
The Otters posted it to their Facebook.

Waiting for the official lineup to know for sure. It looked like just Benny and Gibby from the practice photos. Had Fraser been at practice, I’d think they would’ve posted a pic of him. Can’t think too into it since they don’t mean much.

It would be nice to have Benny back.
It's nice to know he's back at practice. At the very least he should be available shortly.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
It's nice to know he's back at practice. At the very least he should be available shortly.
He didn’t go to the away games recently so it’s a step in the right direction.

Fraser deserves to still travel with the team even if he’s scratched. Without him, it would’ve been hard to make it to the playoffs. I hate to say this, but that’s the one shining moment Dave Brown has had in years. Complete luck? Maybe. What a story Ethan has been though.

Second would be Eddy coming back and dominating. I wouldn’t credit that to Brown though.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Also what I heard. I don’t know why articles are saying he will be back.
Because he is. And as much as I’m not a huge Scheig fan, he clearly has inside connections and is a media affiliate

Fraser deserves to still travel with the team even if he’s scratched. Without him, it would’ve been hard to make it to the playoffs. I hate to say this, but that’s the one shining moment Dave Brown has had in years. Complete luck? Maybe. What a story Ethan has been though.

Second would be Eddy coming back and dominating. I wouldn’t credit that to Brown though.
They seem to be posting a lot of BG material. So I would suspect he’s at least backing up tonight? We shall see

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Are we sure Terrance is back? They have 21 players listed for tonight's lineup in Kitchener. An extra forward has to be scratched.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Because he is. And as much as I’m not a huge Scheig fan, he clearly has inside connections and is a media affiliate

They seem to be posting a lot of BG material. So I would suspect he’s at least backing up tonight? We shall see
I have a feeling that BG with make an Aidan Campbell like return to the EIA Tuesday. Hyping his return up to make people think he’s for sure back, and holding out.
Are we sure Terrance is back? They have 21 players listed for tonight's lineup in Kitchener. An extra forward has to be scratched.
They scratched Misiak. I thought he was initially in the lineup?

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
I
I have a feeling that BG with make an Aidan Campbell like return to the EIA Tuesday. Hyping his return up to make people think he’s for sure back, and holding out.

They scratched Misiak. I thought he was initially in the lineup?
Just saw the lineup without Misiak.

OttersHockey1968

Apr 13, 2022

In my opinion Fraser saved our season. Without him I don't believe we make the playoffs. Edwards is just a hockey player, and I mean that in the best way possible. Kid is all heart.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
In my opinion Fraser saved our season. Without him I don't believe we make the playoffs. Edwards is just a hockey player, and I mean that in the best way possible. Kid is all heart.
That’s why when BG comes back, they keep Fraser with the team. When Ben got hurt we looked like we were going to take a nosedive until Fraser stole his first game for us.

Even more reason to look for a goalie in the import draft and U18 draft. We need someone older and more experienced.

OttersHockey1968

Apr 13, 2022
That’s why when BG comes back, they keep Fraser with the team. When Ben got hurt we looked like we were going to take a nosedive until Fraser stole his first game for us.

Even more reason to look for a goalie in the import draft and U18 draft. We need someone older and more experienced.
Agree 100% Not sure what the team has planned but we cannot go in with just Burns and Gibbons.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Poor effort tonight from pretty much everyone outside of the Edwards-Fimis-Alfano line imo. Spence/Terrance with an especially rough game. Still, I felt they were right there and it was winnable until Kitchener scored their fifth. Hopefully a better all around effort on Sunday, coming home down 2-0 in the series would be tough to come back from.

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
We need Misiak back. No clue what’s gonna happen with Gaudreau but I hope Misiak just has something minor and will come back for Game 2. It seemed sudden because he was in the roster on the scoresheet, but then wasn’t in the lines. I don’t know, but that game was a mess and maybe if he comes back a spark will be lit.

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
We need Misiak back. No clue what’s gonna happen with Gaudreau but I hope Misiak just has something minor and will come back for Game 2. It seemed sudden because he was in the roster on the scoresheet, but then wasn’t in the lines. I don’t know, but that game was a mess and maybe if he comes back a spark will be lit.
Heard he had the flu can’t confirm though

Can we just get everyone clicking on a high level for like 2-3 consecutive games ??? I haven’t checked stats but thank God for Edwards playing at a high level

pre-injury and after JR’s - I’d love to see stat comparisons from Terrance to say Edwards

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I think he was a catalyst that helped, but by no means was the season saved by just him. February was a huge drought offensively and he appears to he the final missing piece to salvage the season, but Edwards resurgence in the 2nd half ranks right up there, if not higher IMO.

Guy In Burlington

Mar 17, 2022
Poor effort tonight from pretty much everyone outside of the Edwards-Fimis-Alfano line imo. Spence/Terrance with an especially rough game. Still, I felt they were right there and it was winnable until Kitchener scored their fifth. Hopefully a better all around effort on Sunday, coming home down 2-0 in the series would be tough to come back from.
First playoff game for pretty much all these guys, on a rink that’s really tough to win in.

Terrance hadn’t played in a couple weeks and wasn’t going, and if the centre’s not going it’s a tough night for the line. Although Bressette and Spence had that two-on-one early, but it went bar-post-out, and 10 seconds later it was in the back of Erie’s net. Also, in the third Bressette had the puck alone in the slot for what seemed like an eternity but didn’t get the shot off. In the first Spence made a nice power move on a wraparound that just got stopped. The line had its chances, just couldn’t cash.

Fraser didn’t have a great night. Fourth goal was weak, he probably wants the third one back too.

I want to watch the video but I don’t get why the Hammond line was out when the Rehkopf line scored the fifth Kitchener goal. I feel like they had a chance to get the line off the ice but may be wrong.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I think he was a catalyst that helped, but by no means was the season saved by just him. February was a huge drought offensively and he appears to he the final missing piece to salvage the season, but Edwards resurgence in the 2nd half ranks right up there, if not higher IMO.
Edwards the biggest and best surprise not just this year, but next year. Really adds another potential layer to their offense next year which was going to be needed with the departures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad