Erie Otters 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
If Benny is deemed healthy enough to play, we cannot use Fraser. He’s an EBUG so he’s likely done unless Benny gets injured.
Also if they are going to win the series, imo they might need Gaudreau. If they do win and they want any chance to compete in round 2, they definitely need Gaudreau. It’s a risk they should be willing to take

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Also if they are going to win the series, imo they might need Gaudreau. If they do win and they want any chance to compete in round 2, they definitely need Gaudreau. It’s a risk they should be willing to take
Gaudreau is proven and has been practicing more than we know.

Fraser should still practice and travel with the team. He’s earned it. He saved the season.

Reactions: tjziel

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
So if both players square up and both drop the gloves willingly, they’re not allowed to fight? The linesman immediately stopped them and sent them to the box for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Kitchener wanted that game more. We go up 3-0 and can't hold a lead...

That's a devastating blow to momentum.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
The momentum was lost when they weren’t allowed to fight. We came out strong and completely blew it.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
A Kitchener fan attempted to steal my rally towel. It was sitting on my second season ticket seat and they snatched it from me until I told her “that’s mine”. She threw it and ran off. Like I understand it has no monetary value since it was “free”, but have some decency.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
A Kitchener fan attempted to steal my rally towel. It was sitting on my second season ticket seat and they snatched it from me until I told her “that’s mine”. She threw it and ran off. Like I understand it has no monetary value since it was “free”, but have some decency.
Ya, that's not cool

Otters played a hell of a game tonight. Deserved to win. Parsons kept Rangers in this game. We don't get to see the Erie arena much on TV. Crowd looked like they were having a good time. TV anylist were two of the best I ever heard.
Seems like a good OHL rink and crowd.

Love the Erie rendition of Sweet Caroline, too.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
She wasn't use to that American beer.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
The momentum was lost when they weren’t allowed to fight. We came out strong and completely blew it.
I would agree it was somewhere around there. For the first at least 25 minutes we were untouchable it seemed.

Then, we sat back and let Kitchener attack over and over with speed and they clawed back into it. Parsons played strong down the stretch and we just couldn't crack him again.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Otters played a hell of a game tonight. Deserved to win. Parsons kept Rangers in this game. We don't get to see the Erie arena much on TV. Crowd looked like they were having a good time. TV anylist were two of the best I ever heard.

Thought initially Kitchener wasn't even in the same league, however, it was almost Kitchener all the time in about half the 2nd and most of the 3rd. Both teams deserved a win with how identical the game was played...first Erie being untouchable and the almost an equal amount of time where Kitchener was way too much for Erie.

Part of me now wants this to go to a game 7, with the Otters winning of course, hahaha!

Reactions: Tim Wallach

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I would agree it was somewhere around there. For the first at least 25 minutes we were untouchable it seemed.

Then, we sat back and let Kitchener attack over and over with speed and they clawed back into it. Parsons played strong down the stretch and we just couldn't crack him again.
Which made no sense as to why they wouldn’t let them fight. At that point Kitchener needed a swing in momentum and Erie needed to make it known not to throw us around.

We played the best 25 minutes of the year. They did everything right. They just aren’t conditioned to play with the same intensity for a full 60.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Oh no!! Not your towel, you must be devastated!! LOL

Reactions: three dog night

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Oh no!! Not your towel, you must be devastated!! LOL
It doesn’t matter about the towel which I clearly mentioned. It’s the principle of being a decent human especially at an away barn. I’ve visited Kitchener for a game in 2017, the fans are great and they genuinely want to see a good game both ways. This particular adult lacked manners. It’s honestly not a big deal, but I know Kitchener fans are better than that.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Which made no sense as to why they wouldn’t let them fight. At that point Kitchener needed a swing in momentum and Erie needed to make it known not to throw us around.

We played the best 25 minutes of the year. They did everything right. They just aren’t conditioned to play with the same intensity for a full 60.
Erie owned the first half of the game, Kitchener the last half. Can't say the better team won or lost, it was that even. The newly formed 3rd line of Romano, Bottineau and Pugliese turned the game around for the Rangers. Also shortened the bench. Parsons slammed the door too.

Can't wait for Thursday.

Reactions: All the Answers

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Thank god. Game 6 would have been a nightmare
Except now they will compete with the Seawolves home opener if we have a game 6. Good for Kitchener, bad for Erie.

Edit: The seawolves will be celebrating their championship season last year so it's 100% certain to draw from the hockey playoff game.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
At away rinks, I leave thise things for the home fans.
It their team and their keepsake .

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Just a quick question for Erie fans. Were fans giving the Rangers the finger on there way out OR were they saying you are number one?😉

Personally, celebrating big wins has ALWAYS been this way for the winning team, the losing side gets easily offended with stuff they don't agree with. Who really cares IMO, be better, get the result...use the "insult" as motivation to come out swinging next game.

These kids go into a hostile environment on the road have comments and gestures made towards them, some in good fun and some cross the line from the home fans...if you can dish it out during the game, expect to get a big FU sometimes from the winning side. It's COMPETITIVE SPORTS for crying out loud. If anything it makes me wish I was 16 - 18 again so I could be a part of the next win...hahaha

Reactions: ZinErie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad