Confirmed with Link: Ericsson Signs A 6 year Extension @ 4.25m/yr

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ericsson Signs A 6 year Extension

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings
BREAKING: The #RedWings have signed Jonathan Ericsson to a six-year extension.

Woohoo! #2 D locked in for a while!

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Is it going to be at the rumored 4.25M mark? Or maybe lower, since it's for a longer period.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
6 years.. dang
I hope the cap is lower than 4 than.

I wish all these deals(Howard, Ericsson) were 1~2 years shorter.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Beat me to the link by a hair!:rant:

Can a mod delete/merge the other thread I made, no point having two.

Anyway, term is a bit longer than I expected. I'll wait to see the dollar figure before I make up my mind.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Beat me to the link by a hair!:rant:

Can a mod delete/merge the other thread I made, no point having two.

Anyway, term is a bit longer than I expected. I'll wait to see the dollar figure before I make up my mind.

Since it was rumored to be 4~5 years at first around 4M+
I hope by it is 4M or less at 6 years.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Hopefully it'll be 3.5 or no more than 3.75 in exchange for the added year. Although, with the projected raises in the salary cap Ericsson will be a steal even at 4M.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
6 year deal? No thankssss

Hopefully his game doesn't regress. Last thing we need is another 30-something year old player with an unmovable contract.

Seeing as how the cap is going up, would have rather have him more money over less years. Unless this deal is super cheap, I'm not a fan.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
6 year deal? No thankssss

Hopefully his game doesn't regress. Last thing we need is another 30-something year old player with an unmovable contract.

Seeing as how the cap is going up, would have rather have him more mine over less years. Unless this deal is super cheap, I'm not a fan.

I think we'll be fine with Ericsson, even if in 4 years when he's 34 years old and not as good, he'll still be a fine bottom pairing PK defensemen. Those guys last forever and can still be effective for a long time.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 7s
Ericsson deal has a cap hit of 4.25 million

Dang I thought by going 6 years we could keep the Cap at 4M or less.

I guess it's not bad. He is getting 1M raise. When he signed the previous deal he was playing #4-5. Now he is #2.

nickyno72

Mar 27, 2013
Six years is no problem. He'll be 35-36 at that time, even if he doesn't progress and stays the same skill as now he'll be our 4 man. The thing that matters, and scares me, is a no movement/trade clause that Kenny has been throwing out lately.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
For you guys wanting 4 or 5 years he'll want a lot more money. Be happy with this deal. It'll always be a good deal. The salary cap will probably be in the $80M+ in 6 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad