Eric O’Dell

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
So...any thoughts on this guy being a pickup? (Or can he be picked up?)

Crazy faceoff percentage, solid on the forecheck, heavier game. I guess he would lack NHL playoff experience, but might be a nice guy to spell off Hendricks come playoff time.

I can vaguely remember his game from when he played for Jets, but has taken on a pretty big role for Canada as the Olympics rolled on.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Crazy faceoff percentage, solid on the forecheck, heavier game. I guess he would lack NHL playoff experience, but might be a nice guy to spell off Hendricks come playoff time.

I can vaguely remember his game from when he played for Jets, but has taken on a pretty big role for Canada as the Olympics rolled on.
Doesn't he play in the KHL now? I'm no expert on the KHL but I think they are close to wrapping up their regular season and their playoffs starting in March sometime.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Doesn't he play in the KHL now? I'm no expert on the KHL but I think they are close to wrapping up their regular season and their playoffs starting in March sometime.

As I understand things any player signed after the TD would be ineligible for the playoffs unless they were already on your reserve list. So basically euro UFA's can't be parachuted in.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As I understand things any player signed after the TD would be ineligible for the playoffs unless they were already on your reserve list. So basically euro UFA's can't be parachuted in.
Agreed. I meant by my post that he was already on a team and was unavailable.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He could be a decent bottom 3 NHLer, but there are a ton of those guys around. I wasn't surprised at his performance in Korea, as I thought he was the best player on that team......thus the avvy ;)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Playing a big role on a team that lost to Germany doesn't make one attractive to a contender like the Jets.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Oh yes, I didn't read the whole post. Certainly not a guy we would look at.........but other teams? Sure, why not.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Sheesh...tough crowd. :surrender

I wasn't expecting for us to rush out and grab him and have him play regularly. As I said, maybe spell off Hendricks a bit. Just asking a rather simple question and hey maybe not for the Jets, but maybe the Moose? And then people throw out Machacek, Kulda, McLean??

Thanks to those who clarified that he couldn't be picked up and that he didn't have a graceful exit with Jets.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
yeah and trade for Kane and Oduya, we're getting the old gang back together.....

O'Dell could crack the Jets lineup when we had no 3rd or 4th line, he is an AHL level talent!

Part of me wants to see the Jets acquire Kane for a cup of coffee, even if it's just to use as the grocery stick. ESPECIALLY if it's just to use as the grocery stick, in fact.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad