Eric Johnson WILL be at next years WJC

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Is it really that ****ing hard to spell the damn guys name right.

Jesus christ, I know its a small thing but it pisses me off that these people have been in the media for months and yet some people still manage to spell it wrong.

You spelled the prophet's name wrong. That should be a capital C.

Foligno#71

Sep 10, 2006
Gothenburg
www.hockeysverige.se
The reality is that Erik Johnson will likely do what the Blues want him to do. It's great that he wants to play for his country again next year but he'll likely be under contract for the Blues and it is with that team that his responsibilities lie.

I interviewed Erik after the bronze game and asked how he felt about the situation. He was extremely modest about it and basically said that he "would look at it if the Blues were to offer him a contract".

Well look at the standings or in their empty arena, kid. He's going to get an offer he can't refuse and there's no way in Poughkeepsie that he'll play in Pardubice next year.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
NHL teams usually only send their prospects if they think it will help their development. Bad NHL teams with losing records are more prone to send their players. I can't see the Blues having a great season next year, so there is definitely a possibility of him going. Dominating next year's tournament could be a huge confidence boost if his NHL season isn't going well.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
NHL teams usually only send their prospects if they think it will help their development. Bad NHL teams with losing records are more prone to send their players. I can't see the Blues having a great season next year, so there is definitely a possibility of him going. Dominating next year's tournament could be a huge confidence boost if his NHL season isn't going well.

The Blues won't be a bad team next year, you need only look at the last 12 games to see that. They won't be world-beaters by any stretch of the imagination but based on recent play, Andy Murray has got this team where it should've been all season long.

And yea, I don't think EJ is going anywhere but to the NHL next season.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
You're also on your company's payroll. Their requirements come first if you want the job.
If EJ is able to add in his contract that he must be released for the WJC, then that's good for him and his country. If not, well either he signs the countract with the club on their term or don't sign and play for the USA. He probably will sign with the club, he has no choice if he wants a professional career that will earn him lots of dough.

If I was a superstar, I would try something like that too because for me, winning a Gold medal for my country is more important than winning a Stanley Cup. Ever heard of head hunters? Some companies go the extra step to lure candidate to work for them and often times the candidates have demands and companies do give to demands of who they really want.

BCCHL inactive

If EJ is able to add in his contract that he must be released for the WJC, then that's good for him and his country. If not, well either he signs the countract with the club on their term or don't sign and play for the USA. He probably will sign with the club, he has no choice if he wants a professional career that will earn him lots of dough.

If I was a superstar, I would try something like that too because for me, winning a Gold medal for my country is more important than winning a Stanley Cup. Ever heard of head hunters? Some companies go the extra step to lure candidate to work for them and often times the candidates have demands and companies do give to demands of who they really want.

If you're a superstar, you may have more power to make such a demand. Erik Johnson is not a superstar. First overall pick or not, he has still never played a game in the NHL.

If I am an NHL GM, and a young player tries this with me on his entry level contract, the deal is off the table, and he is on the trading block.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad