Speculation: Eric Hartzell via Puck Prospectus

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Well, can't hurt to give him a tryout.

We landed Moulson/McDonald/Grabner/Strait by waiver..Snow is doing pretty well looking for obscure talent.

There are a lot of guys that get overlooked. Steve Thomas was "overlooked"

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He's not going to get a tryout, he'll be offered a contract by multiple teams.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I go to Quinnipiac and I LOVE Eric Hartzell. The kid's got a lot of potential. The guy I would love us to sign is Zach Davies, incredible cerebral defenseman.[/QUOTE

Quinnipiac is one of my top choices for college next year! I just went to admitted students day on Saturday and I was blown away with the campus, especially the hockey/basketball arena. Very state of the art.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I go to Quinnipiac and I LOVE Eric Hartzell. The kid's got a lot of potential. The guy I would love us to sign is Zach Davies, incredible cerebral defenseman.[/QUOTE

Quinnipiac is one of my top choices for college next year! I just went to admitted students day on Saturday and I was blown away with the campus, especially the hockey/basketball arena. Very state of the art.

Ahhhh college, the best 7 years of my life :D

dcv2002

Jun 22, 2006
My wife went to Quinnipiac (back when it was a college). I called it Country Club U....

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Well, can't hurt to give him a tryout.

We landed Moulson/McDonald/Grabner/Strait by waiver..Snow is doing pretty well looking for obscure talent.

There are a lot of guys that get overlooked. Steve Thomas was "overlooked"

Moulson and McDonald signed as free agents.

But that doesn't change the fact that Snow has found these hidden guys.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

I love it here, I pretty much call it home now. I live up at York Hill which is alright but walking to all the games is extremely convenient. If you ever have any questions about the school let me know!

Ahhhh college, the best 7 years of my life :D

"Great, seven years of college down the drain" ;)

My wife went to Quinnipiac (back when it was a college). I called it Country Club U....

Yeah, from what I heard it's very different now compared to even 5 years ago (I'm a junior). They're really trying to change their image and get to an Ivy League level in the next 10-15 years. Good thing I got in when I did, there's no way I would've gotten in now with my high school grades.

Last edited:

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I go to Quinnipiac and I LOVE Eric Hartzell. The kid's got a lot of potential. The guy I would love us to sign is Zach Davies, incredible cerebral defenseman.

When he goes 27-6 with a 1.5 gaa and 93.4% spct, why wouldn't you? :laugh:

Cheers,

Dan-o

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
When he goes 27-6 with a 1.5 gaa and 93.4% spct, why wouldn't you? :laugh:

Cheers,

Dan-o

That and he can sleep standing up, I have my sources ;)

But seriously, he's great. He's huge, smart, always in the zone. He may not be a full out starting goaltender if he makes it to the NHL, because QU's defense is very, very balanced and good in their own zone and he has them to rely on if he chooses. I'm not sure what he would be like with a weak defense in front of him. I can't imagine he faced more than 25 shots/game on average.

NYI78

Jan 29, 2009
Milford CT
A rambling Hockey Prospectus article about Snow and 'Freely Available Talent' (we call it dumpster diving). Long story (literally) short the author Ryan Wagman puts out the name of a NCAA UFA Eric Hartzell out there. Here's the article and his hockydb:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1483

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=93953

Cheers,

Dan-o

I am a Quinnipiac grad and have seen eric play a ton. he has a ton of talent and I expect he will have a lot of offers as soon as the season is over. he is technically sound good with rebounds and has a great glove hand

NYI78

Jan 29, 2009
Milford CT
Don't we have a Anders Lee to satiate these desires.

Really surprised to hear all this talk about Quinnipiac. I remember when they were pretty much 13th grade, lmao!!!

alot has changed...they have really raised the standards on everything there... right after i left. they probably figured crap we let this guy in we need to set the bar a little higher

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
alot has changed...they have really raised the standards on everything there... right after i left. they probably figured crap we let this guy in we need to set the bar a little higher

The Freshmen class has been steadily increasing every year. My class broke the record, then the next one broke the record, now the current one broke the record. They're increasing the incoming class to 1,800, which is ~200 more than my class. How they haven't built any new dorms for underclassmen yet is beyond me.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Have the QU people ever been to Ray and Mikes? It's a small deli close by the university and it's pretty good, I go there all of the time.

LotteryForLife*

Moulson and McDonald signed as free agents.

But that doesn't change the fact that Snow has found these hidden guys.

McDonald was not a good find. He's not even an NHL talent. I can't believe we even talk about him on this board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad