GWT: EPL - Matchweek 38

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I will cry into our recently won Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Cup, and UEFA Super Cup trophies
I’m not hearing shit from these delusional Arsenal fans again. The argument is over.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Can’t bottle if you weren’t supposed to be there and are (relatively) happy with 3rd place.
Amazing how 12 months time and the shoe being on the other foot changed your mind on that one... but not surprising.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I made myself clear from the start - I do not care about the distinction and I think anyone that does is doing so is acting dishonestly because they don't want to admit that their club is a piece of shit. At least be honest with yourselves.
Chelsea being a corrupt club is irrelevant to City facing punishment for violating rules. It's not a good faith response to the topic at all, and is a sideshow distraction which makes discussing City's conduct close to impossible since you need ethical purity to do so under that standard.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Amazing how 12 months time and the shoe being on the other foot changed your mind on that one... but not surprising.
what changed exactly? You are comparing two things that are not the same. LFC might have won the league if they added three players in January like yall did last year. Guess we will never know.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Chelsea being a corrupt club is irrelevant to City facing punishment for violating rules. It's not a good faith response to the topic at all, and is a sideshow distraction which makes discussing City's conduct close to impossible since you need ethical purity to do so under that standard.

Good faith doesn't come into it at all - I believe that City should be punished for their cheating - but f*** me if I'm not going to call it out if someone is angry about City's goals but cheering on Chelsea's. The dissonance is just too strong and trying to diminish it with 'Well, technically...' when anyone who has the slightest ability to think critically should automatically roll their eyes and 'nope' that technicality.

In short, I think it's fine for someone to be a Chelsea fan but please shut the f*** up about cheating if you're going to cheer for them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We bottled the league but that doesn't make it less funny that Arsenal did too, sorry man
I wouldn’t say that. Arsenal was supposed to be there. We weren’t. Didn’t get any reinforcements in January like they did last year. Arsenal finished 2nd, spent a bazillion pounds this summer and other teams let Arteta write their lineup cards all season.

I think it’s certainly fair to say that we didn’t capitalize, but so few had this team finishing in the UCL places in the preseason

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
We bottled the league but that doesn't make it less funny that Arsenal did too, sorry man
It's all good. At least you can admit it, rather than making up some dumb excuse like someone else.

Arsenal fans got to watch a very fun team this year. Meanwhile the rest of this board is celebrating another team's title. Liverpool fans can't stand the thought of another team beating City after they got hard done in some historic seasons. So much so that you're now rooting for City in this case.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good faith doesn't come into it at all - I believe that City should be punished for their cheating - but f*** me if I'm not going to call it out if someone is angry about City's goals but cheering on Chelsea's. The dissonance is just too strong and trying to diminish it with 'Well, technically...' when anyone who has the slightest ability to think critically should automatically roll their eyes and 'nope' that technicality.
Fans of which clubs specifically are allowed to criticize City under your rules of HFBoards discourse?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's all good. At least you can admit it, rather than making up some dumb excuse like someone else.

Arsenal fans got to watch a very fun team this year. Meanwhile the rest of this board is celebrating another team's title. Liverpool fans can't stand the thought of another team beating City after they got hard done in some historic seasons. So much so that you're now rooting for City in this case.
I absolutely was not rooting for City.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How did Foden win POTY over Rice? In what way is that possible? Do these lot not watch the games? Hell, I would've given the award to Palmer even before Foden.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I wouldn’t say that. Arsenal was supposed to be there. We weren’t. Didn’t get any reinforcements in January like they did last year. Arsenal finished 2nd, spent a bazillion pounds this summer and other teams let Arteta write their lineup cards all season.

I think it’s certainly fair to say that we didn’t capitalize, but so few had this team finishing in the UCL places in the preseason
Oh so this year it matters where you’re supposed to be.

Liverpool fans are talking a lot for a club that’s been irrelevant for weeks.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
And I will keep saying that for years to come because it is true and hard to admit, Arsenal win that game and they have the title today.
If you want to take away the title against City you need to beat them and not by aiming for a tie, they played it the safe way and hoped that they can outpace City this is VERY hard and impossible to do. Aston Villa results or not Man City had the easier schedule and Arsenal had to be flawless too which is very hard to do. They were for the most part the best team of the season but they lost the title by not going for the win against their main rival. Deserved outcome.
Yeah, but they didn't need to win that game to win the title. We took 4/6 points from City this year. We blew it against Aston Villa x2 and Fulham. Us grinding out a draw at the Etihad rather than playing recklessly to go for a win isn't the game to call out. And we actually had the better chance to score against City than they did on us.

We dropped 5 points in all of 2024 with 2 of them being against City. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it took City's longest ever unbeaten run to win the title over us.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It's funny how the whole narrative is that Arsenal fans are the unbearable ones and then all the shit takes come out of the wood work after today's game from the other posters that act that they always argue in good faith without any bias.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, f*** City. I'd take Sens fans level of annoying from a fanbase so long as the winner didn't do it by being cheats.
Yeah here’s how I see it anyway. They failed to save everyone from the terrible destiny of City winning again so now they’re being rightfully mocked. And this wasn’t the first time but the second. And the first time they really gagged it.

I didn’t want City to win so I have no idea where that came from.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It's funny how the whole narrative is that Arsenal fans are the unbearable ones and then all the shit takes come out of the wood work after today's game from the other posters that act that they always argue in good faith without any bias.
It's almost like they need their own thread to talk about how unbearable we are...

Meanwhile this whole conversation that will get pinned on us being unbearable started with Liverpool fans celebrating another team's title and then immediately responding with "well look at my trophy from 5 years ago"

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It's almost like they need their own thread to talk about how unbearable we are...

Meanwhile this whole conversation that will get pinned on us being unbearable started with Liverpool fans celebrating another team's title and then immediately responding with "well look at my trophy from 5 years ago"
Funny how these other fans all act like Spurs fans were cucks but now admit to being cucks themselves cheering for City because ArSeNAl FaNs Unbearable.

Imagine being a United fan and cheering City to win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad