GWT: EPL - Matchweek 38

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Game decider of the season for Arsenal. Parking the bus at the Etihad. That day I knew they lost the title as Man City would not drop a point, been there and done that.
I cannot believe that Saka quit on them today. That’s like not going out for Game 7

Honestly the season decider was KDB coming back against Newcastle and stealing that game with Oskar Bobb having his Kiko Macheda moment. That was it

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tell that to Strasbourg fans.
They have every right to be unhappy and those rules should be changed, but until they are you can't argue about punishments for actions that don't violate any rules while discussing a club in City which is actively breaking rules.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Game decider of the season for Arsenal. Parking the bus at the Etihad. That day I knew they lost the title as Man City would not drop a point, been there and done that.
You keep saying that even though (1) we didn't set out to park the bus, (2) City had their midfielders playing by their own corner flag for 75% of that game, and (3) Arsenal still controlled the title race against City after that game until we lost to Aston Villa.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Downside: Cheaters win another title. Hope they get thrown out of the Football League

Upside: Sweet, sweet Arsenal fan tears
Less than 90 points. Zero trophies.

Levels.

People asking the LFC fans how they could tolerate going against the better version of Pep City. Well the extra trophies certainly helped

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Chelsea finishing 6th after the dreadful start to the season is a huge achievement. Hopefully carry that into next season and have some stability.

Considering the money spent I wouldn’t say it’s a huge achievement. That said, credit to Pochettino for the progression throughout the season.

Arsenal fans, why everyone on this board was rooting against them :laugh:

Fixed that for you.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They have every right to be unhappy and those rules should be changed, but until they are you can't argue about punishments for actions that don't violate any rules while discussing a club in City which is actively breaking rules.

That's all very nice and well but to be frank with you, I don't really care about whether one club is breaking rules or whether one is using loopholes to buy clubs and dope themselves up.

I get that you're a Chelsea fan and that you want to shade this because it reflects extremely badly on your club and I don't care for it because the spirit of the practice is disgusting. Chelsea are just as much of an asterix club as City is as far as I'm concerned.

One is cheating and one isn't lol

So in a convo about ~cheating~ that is the variable to be considered

Oh okay lol

Chelsea fans calling out City is super hypocritical.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's all very nice and well but to be frank with you, I don't really care about whether one club is breaking rules or whether one is using loopholes to buy clubs and dope themselves up.

I get that you're a Chelsea fan and that you want to shade this because it reflects extremely badly on your club and I don't care for it because the spirit of the practice is disgusting. Chelsea are just as much of an asterix club as City is as far as I'm concerned.
Just to add, anyone trying to do "my club is more ethical than yours" when English football is just truly rotten to the core is gonna wind up looking like an idiot
To this point, the entire PL uses their money to exploit the rest of the footballing world and has for years. Buying feeder clubs in top flight leagues was the next logical step to make with that money, since buying feeder clubs in lower regarded leagues has been happening forever now.

No one here was moralizing when clubs were exploiting Belgium, the Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, etc. for a competitive advantage, but now that it is France, Italy, etc. there is outage.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You keep saying that even though (1) we didn't set out to park the bus, (2) City had their midfielders playing by their own corner flag for 75% of that game, and (3) Arsenal still controlled the title race against City after that game until we lost to Aston Villa.
And I will keep saying that for years to come because it is true and hard to admit, Arsenal win that game and they have the title today.
If you want to take away the title against City you need to beat them and not by aiming for a tie, they played it the safe way and hoped that they can outpace City this is VERY hard and impossible to do. Aston Villa results or not Man City had the easier schedule and Arsenal had to be flawless too which is very hard to do. They were for the most part the best team of the season but they lost the title by not going for the win against their main rival. Deserved outcome.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Right after Chelsea fans are trying to argue that they're more ethical than City? That is rich!
We never said anything about being "more ethical". The comments were specifically about facing punishment for breaking rules. There is a huge difference between what was said and what you are arguing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nothing like Liverpool fans in here gloating about Arsenal not winning a title that their team already bottled weeks ago lol
Can’t bottle if you weren’t supposed to be there and are (relatively) happy with 3rd place. LFC finishing the season with a trophy at least. Arsenal finishing with nothing.

Also I don’t want to hear about bottling when Saka was afraid to play today. Quit on them just like Odegaard quit last year except worse

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To this point, the entire PL uses their money to exploit the rest of the footballing world and has for years. Buying feeder clubs in top flight leagues was the next logical step to make with that money, since buying feeder clubs in lower regarded leagues has been happening forever now.

No one here was moralizing when clubs were exploiting Belgium, the Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, etc. for a competitive advantage, but now that it is France, Italy, etc. there is outage.

How mighty caring of you. That's very comforting for the fans that watch their clubs getting teared away. Would you be saying the same thing if it was Chelsea getting bought to become a servant?

This is so gross.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nothing like Liverpool fans in here gloating about Arsenal not winning a title that their team already bottled weeks ago lol
I will cry into our recently won Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Cup, and UEFA Super Cup trophies

Reactions: Savant

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We never said anything about being "more ethical". The comments were specifically about facing punishment for breaking rules. There is a huge difference between what was said and what you are arguing.

I made myself clear from the start - I do not care about the distinction and I think anyone that does is doing so is acting dishonestly because they don't want to admit that their club is a piece of shit. At least be honest with yourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad