Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This Brighton goalie gets mad at his players a lot

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How much more confident does this recent run of form make Chelsea fans for next season? Or did that Arsenal trashing wipe all of it away?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
How much more confident does this recent run of form make Chelsea fans for next season? Or did that Arsenal trashing wipe all of it away?
A lot. Players seem to like the coach and we don’t need to buy a lot of players for the 18.. just the right ones.

If we finish ahead of newcastle and united, that’s pretty significant and I think should be enough for him to keep his job

Poch didn’t do a good enough job to start and now he’s been getting more out of them than he should, even though the injuries have remained constant through the season

Just give Poch essentially exactly what he wants this summer and if he flops, that’s fine

There’s no obvious solution of an upgrade. They have Poch under contract for another season… they’d probably have to make a long term commitment to a different coach.

Reactions: gary69 and JoVel

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
confident but not stupid

the form has been coming, it's largely been a chickens coming to roost in terms of what we had been showing for spells of matches prior, while removing a lot of the stupid mistakes that had turned good performance Ws into Ds or Ls. the form fills with confidence largely because it's results becoming more reflective of what's been on the pitch much of the time

this is not a contending side, obviously. still a lot of chaos and a lot of problems. a lot of their underlyings, tho, have had them closer to Villa. the defense remains very vulnerable, which has been from a weird combo of individual errors but also very evident structural things. that's the big thing which needs fixing, and we're nowhere near contending until it's dealt with.

the big questions for next year are how to re-integrate nkunku and james (hopefully both fit) and the bigger question of enzo and caicedo.

i don't read heavy into the arsenal game. it was 1-0 at half, and it was a tight first half. after the 2nd goal, we collapsed.

the hope going into next year will be top 4, which i think is extremely doable. if chelsea hadn't drawn at home against sheffield and burnley, they'd be just 4 back from villa.

Reactions: gary69 and JoVel

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Ugarte for Madueke swap deal of Pochettino’s dreams

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
the hope going into next year will be top 4, which i think is extremely doable. if chelsea hadn't drawn at home against sheffield and burnley, they'd be just 4 back from villa.
Last 20 games Chelsea is actually pretty safely at 4th, seven points ahead of Newcastle at 5th, so I think that would be a pretty reasonable target if that's anything to go by.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
He’s suspended for the start of next season now isn’t he?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
i am too singularly focused on the Lamptey elbow to be able to look at that James incident objectively

i will own being wrong if i am wrong, but i simply cannot understand that as a red when Lamptey purposefully concussing Mudryk is not

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
He’s suspended for the start of next season now isn’t he?
Will miss the first three because it’s his second instance of violent conduct this season.

Gusto will start next season as first choice RWB by default now

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad