GWT: EPL - Matchweek 36 (ft. MW 26)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think it's Enzo who they should sell. Great player, but they play so much better with Gallagher as an 8
They should, but they also won’t get the PSR bump if they sell Enzo. But maybe they can find another hotel or something?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As usual. If you’re in the box, do what you can to engineer contact and throw yourself to the ground. If you can fool the ref live, it’s 100% going to stand.

I know.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. But I never liked hockey players who tried to buy calls and I think that bled into when I got into soccer.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Aston Villa loss means LFC are locked into 3rd. Which if you told me they’d get pre-season I would have taken

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Aston Villa loss means LFC are locked into 3rd. Which if you told me they’d get pre-season I would have taken

I wonder how many clubs in the top six would take where they are right now when the season started?

Everyone except for City being in second and Newcastle and sixth?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I wonder how many clubs in the top six would take where they are right now when the season started?

Everyone except for City being in second and Newcastle and sixth?
Think that’s pretty fair. LFC and Villa are the overachievers this season

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think it's Enzo who they should sell. Great player, but they play so much better with Gallagher as an 8

But who's giving you 100+ mil for him? Seems hard to imagine them just taking the L on him

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Ange again with the crappy tactics and starting 11. 2 creative players on the pitch, one at right back and one at center forward. I expect another rout.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ange again with the crappy tactics and starting 11. 2 creative players on the pitch, one at right back and one at center forward. I expect another rout.
Honestly would not be shocked if this was like 4-2, 5-3 game either. Could be a bit of a mad one

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC actually look like they are having fun today. Which is nice. They’ve rarely had nothing to play for in May under Klopp

Only an english ref could have missed that penalty on gakpo
I admire your impartiality but that was extremely not a penalty
okay with them sticking with the call on the field. Saw an angle where it looked like one. Saw an angle where it didn’t. Not going to get mad about it. Plenty of game left for that though. There is a history of ref shenanigans in this fixture

And Andy Robertson makes it 2-0. An Andy Robertson goal; especially a right footed one is a collectors item

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Infuriating first half for LFC.
Not because of the results but because they only show desire to play now? Where was this team the past 2 weeks? They hide when the pressure is on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is the longest rest they've had in awhile, no?
Yeah that’s a big part of it. Not the only part of it. But the schedule that the broadcasters gave them, especially last week was ridiculous.

Infuriating first half for LFC.
Not because of the results but because they only show desire to play now? Where was this team the past 2 weeks? They hide when the pressure is on.
The combination of trying to play players through Exhaustion and/or their Finishing ability completely evaporating.

Reactions: gary69

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This is the longest rest they've had in awhile, no?
I hate this excuse because it also apply for the the opponent, the worst excuse in football is fatigue, this is LFC not a 3rd division team with no depth. It was the same for Arsenal and Man City and they managed to get the results. I think mentally they were broken after the Old Trafford+ Loss against Atalanta and they never recovered. Anyway, I expect a lot of changes this summer they cannot keep having these drop off of form from game to game.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is the first time LFC have taken a two+ goal lead into halftime since January

• Wow
Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I hate this excuse because it also apply for the the opponent, the worst excuse in football is fatigue, this is LFC not a 3rd division team with no depth. It was the same for Arsenal and Man City and they managed to get the results. I think mentally they were broken after the Old Trafford+ Loss against Atalanta and they never recovered. Anyway, I expect a lot of changes this summer they cannot keep having these drop off of form from game to game.
Even Klopp has said the Utd games negatively affected them. This team punched about their weight all season, but without the trophies to play for the levels dropped. Also have said this before, but Klopp; who was immaculate for most of the season; went back to old bad habits when it came to re-integrating injured players back into the squad. He shortened his bench too early and it was a mess we all saw what happened.

We can talk about this until we are red in the face, but I’m not going to do it right now when we are up 3-0. Now not the time to complain

Harvey Elliott is on fire today

People will only remember the pass to Bruno, but I think there is a chance Slot could see Quansah as a starting XI player next season

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad