GWT: EPL - Matchweek 35

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gallagher with the great leadership attitude in his post-game interview. Shaun Wright-Phillips after saying how Gallagher is one of the most underrated players because he's lead a transformation of the culture among the players.

MZixyXe.gif

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Gallagher with the great leadership attitude in his post-game interview. Shaun Wright-Phillips after saying how Gallagher is one of the most underrated players because he's lead a transformation of the culture among the players.

MZixyXe.gif
Gally one of the few people I love as much as Ethan Hawke (altho I don't like this movie)

Reactions: Blender

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Hard to articulate the extent you'd regret a Ramsey sale, IMO.
yeah, I am not advocating for him to be sold. But he has barely played a role this whole season and is home grown so pure profit. Now, I'd rather not sell him as a fully fit Ramsey is a top 4 quality player. But, he's had the same injury twice and i've heard has had a toe screw inserted over that specific injury.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think that was a good foul call on the final Chelsea "goal."

But I have two issues with it:

1) The on-field referee had a clear view of the play and didn't call anything. It wasn't a situation where he might not have seen it or had a bad angle. He just didn't feel that it was a foul. I'm not sure I like the overturn there.
2) Consistency is all over the place. That was a foul to me, but it was much less of a foul than what happened to Gabriel when Newcastle scored.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I think that was a good foul call on the final Chelsea "goal."

But I have two issues with it:

1) The on-field referee had a clear view of the play and didn't call anything. It wasn't a situation where he might not have seen it or had a bad angle. He just didn't feel that it was a foul. I'm not sure I like the overturn there.
2) Consistency is all over the place. That was a foul to me, but it was much less of a foul than what happened to Gabriel when Newcastle scored.
It's a foul but not a clear and obvious error. The point about Pawson's positioning is a good one.

Reactions: Blender

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I agree the positioning of the ref is a big factor but the biggest reason I like the overturn is that if you leave it as no foul then you just encourage players to throw themselves to the ground more.

We all know that if the defender drops like he got shot in the back, the ref trivially calls it live. Instead he took a normal reaction and just shuffled a couple feet forward instead of dropping and so the ref ignored it.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Rice - Partey - Odegaard midfield again. Love it.

Trossard starting and Martinelli to come on as a sub to stretch Spurs high line. Love it.

Reactions: S E P H

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's a foul but not a clear and obvious error. The point about Pawson's positioning is a good one.
I agree the positioning of the ref is a big factor but the biggest reason I like the overturn is that if you leave it as no foul then you just encourage players to throw themselves to the ground more.

We all know that if the defender drops like he got shot in the back, the ref trivially calls it live. Instead he took a normal reaction and just shuffled a couple feet forward instead of dropping and so the ref ignored it.
What Shearer said yesterday was essentially that VAR promised not to re-referee the game and would only overturn "absolute howlers" [clear and obvious errors], but they keep moving the bar on what is or isn't overturned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad