GWT: EPL - Matchweek 34 (ft. MW 29)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Fun hammering Chelsea and makes our GD in pretty good shape but even if we go spotless the rest of the way - it appears the only way Arsenal have a chance is if Spurs can hold City to a tie in their fixture in a few weeks. I just can’t see anybody else on their schedule nicking any points off them.

God it’s so annoying this is gonna come down to us laying such a turd against Villa.
Brighton could steal points. You just never know. Who would have predicted that Fulham would take points against us twice?

Reactions: BKarchitect

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Did all of you just pick teams off of FIFA? I feel like it's every poster's origin story
I picked United because my good friend was a United fan when I started getting into the sport. Don't recall what made him a fan but given he's around the same age as me, my guess would be the level of dominance when he was playing semi-pro made him want to cheer for them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Did all of you just pick teams off of FIFA? I feel like it's every poster's origin story
No, for me I've been honest cause this is straight up what happened. I faked sick and didn't go to school and while flipping channels I watched Istanbul. Didn't even know it was an important game. It's as simple as that.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’d also take a moment here and say Declan Rice was always a £100M player and he’s proving it this season at Arsenal. Despite all the talk throughout his time at West Ham of being overrated, English tax, etc.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I’d also take a moment here and say Declan Rice was always a £100M player and he’s proving it this season at Arsenal. Despite all the talk throughout his time at West Ham of being overrated, English tax, etc.
As someone who said I'd pass on a bidding war with City for over 100M during last summer, I think we actually got a bargain. Happy to eat crow on that one. He's one of the few players that will live up to the 100M+ fee.

He's in the conversation for our player of the season, though I'd give the edge to Odegaard.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Okay, so I finished the game on tape delay and here are some thoughts...

- Not going to lie, but Chelsea didn't play too bad in the first half, should've definitely had a goal IMHO.

- Jackson was no questions asked a straight red, like no arguments whatsoever (he's not a malicious player, but horrible timing). How VAR doesn't even look at that is sheer utmost incompetence.

- Man oh man, has there been a better bang-for-your-buck signing than Trossard the last two windows? He's willing Arsenal to the title by himself.

- Rice has been a complete beast these last two matches today and against Wolves.

- Chelsea plays with a lot of naivety in their game, a ton of poor decisions with the ball alongside one of the dumbest backlines assembled. Keep buying those 30 million pound winger lads from Brasil though.

- Cucurella might be 90 lbs wet and almost every goal in the second half came down his side, I get that all clubs make mistakes when it comes to buying plays, but Pochettino actually having the desire to keep on playing him is fireable (except if Chelsea is forced to due to injuries).

- Very weird lineup by Chelsea overall, Mudryk and Madueke in the starting XI who neither play defence, so Caicedo and Endo are forced to play wide, allowing Rice and Thomas to have free reigns in the middle of the pitch. I understand wanting to come to Emirates with a defensive focus mentality, but then you start Badiashile and Disasi who have the same defensive IQ as Andre Santos. Then you depend on Jackson out of all strikers for goals when you have Sterling (yes, I know) and Chukwuemeka on the bench. I get it that Sterling goes into idiotic braindead mode at times, but he's still way more gifted and creative than freakin' Jackson. On top of all that is Endo and the most Pejorative Slured tattoo I have ever seen. How drunk or high must have he been to go to the tat shop and say to the bloke, "Yes, I want an entire black forearm."

- Palmer would not have won the game today by himself.

Reactions: maclean

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Out of all the managers; Xavi is number one and not even CLOSE to number two who is Tuchel. ETH might complain about calls last year, but Xavi has a princess mentality and overexaggerates every call that does not go his way and how Barca might face relegation because of it.
I wish you guys get to play Real in the UCL next year, then you'll see why Xavi complains

• Haha
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Basically an A team but not sure it’s the right team. We will see. Gakpo was going to start, but his girlfriend went into labor so they are a forward down

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Weak, Gakpo ain't no Sorloth haha (feminists were big mad in Spain because he missed his kid's birth to play a game for Villarreal)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00