GWT: EPL - Matchweek 34 (ft. MW 29)

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm chauvinistic in a "only watch the PL" way, not in a "willingly watch Lazio" way
Don't you miss watching a Sarri coached team? Thought so....

Anyway they lost 2-0 in the first leg so you can watch them suffer.

I'm watching that game and using this thread to follow what's happening in the PL

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
At absolute best it's a deep orange challenge and the fact that he didn't even get a card for it to me means that VAR should have taken more time to be sure before they cleared it since it's really obvious the ref missed something about it.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Ah yes, like Gabriel and Saliba pocketed him in October!

I'm old enough to remember when Palmer playing as a false nine threw Saliba and Gabriel into total positional confusion
I'm old enough to remember that Chelsea created basically nothing other than a soft penalty and a mishit cross.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Disasi’s technique was awful there the way he turned and tried to punt

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's an orange, not high enough but def enough intensity to justify the ref giving any colour card there
I think it's a case where VAR could actually be useful in a sane implementation.

Obviously the ref watching that and giving no card at all has clearly missed something with the challenge. Would be great to be able to send him to the monitor to say "hey, this isn't automatically a red, but you should look again and see what you think"

I think there's more than enough for it to be red give that the contact his fairly high on the ankle:
1713900117333.png

And delivered with enough force to fold the ankle over (which is something the PL has explicitly said they look for):
1713900173551.png

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think Chelsea's strategy right now is to give Arsenal so many chances than they'll get tired of having them and then fall asleep and stop playing so they can be hit on the counter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad