GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Hahahaha. You think United had a chance? The test will be if United don’t ship 5.

United obviously in shambles but Liverpool isn’t exactly lights out at the moment either. If Ten Hag picks the right squad there is a slight chance. Could very well also be a new 0-5.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Agree or disagree with what he let go today, but it was very much consistent for both sides.
Consistently bad. Am I RiGhT? But seriously, I Thought he was bad today but not egregious. Red card was the right call that’s all that really matters/people will remember.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
United obviously in shambles but Liverpool isn’t exactly lights out at the moment either. If Ten Hag picks the right squad there is a slight chance. Could very well also be a new 0-5.
United’s just what the doctor ordered for Liverpool. They’ll bust them out of that slump easily.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
he may have been consistent with letting a lot go..but that's part of the problem..he had no control of the game

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Salah never sits. So, you’ve got Firmino, Diaz, Nunez and Jota looking to start. Carvalho, Ox, Elliott all can fit in up front in a pinch.

Are they one light? Maybe. But I think it’s hard to look at Jota who got decent numbers last season and say, hey, you’re sitting each week.

I would say when healthy they've got the numbers actually, it's quality which has taken a hit with Mane's departure.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
he may have been consistent with letting a lot go..but that's part of the problem..he had no control of the game
What does that even mean? If something isn't a foul, should he whistle it to "control the game?"

The directive was given this year to let more physical contact go; fouls have to really be earned. People seem not to like that but that's the directive.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What does that even mean? If something isn't a foul, should he whistle it to "control the game?"

The directive was given this year to let more physical contact go; fouls have to really be earned. People seem not to like that but that's the directive.
Do you know who else followed directives?!?

• Haha
Reactions: maclean

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The only thing that confused me is that Arsenal got a free kick from the spot of the "coming together." Which might just be a quirk of how VAR is used, but I thought it should have been a goal kick, unless they're saying Vardy dove, which should be a yellow, although perhaps it's because you can't award a yellow from VAR?

Idk - it's minutia level stuff; the call itself was clearly correctly overturned.
I think it's technically supposed to be a drop ball to the keeper if the penalty award is overturned for lack of a foul and the referee has discretion to either award a yellow or not for simulation.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
FWIW, this isn’t accurate using xG Philosophy’s numbers.

Plus they’ve played Fulham and Palace.
there are a bunch of xG sites they are all a little different. The point is obviously that LFC have been inefficient but they are getting chances.

And you can only play who is on the schedule

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
NG out 3-4 weeks, Kovacic already injured.

Gallagher or RLC into CM with Jorginho now.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
It's almost cute seeing people complaining about Tierney after yesterday's game. I tbh didn't think that Tierney was that bad. I won't commend him but there wasn't really anything controversial in that game as compared to some of the shit I saw on the weekend.

Title looks lost btw for Liverpool the attack is not cohesive like it was with Salah/Sane and whoever earlier now it feels like each attacker is doing it more individually.

Also anyone see that RLC/Reece James combo on Chelsea's right side then watch yesterday's game and think how OP England could be if they did that with TAA and Reece James both starting on their right side? TAA would be the one to go forward more with James doing more defending but the two are smart enough to switch back and forth.

Southgate is too much of a boring breadstick to try something like that though.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad