GDT: Entry Draft 2015 - Part II - Disaster in Sunrise? - 10 AM NHLN - TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetOutTheClubs

Jun 19, 2007
Thank God for the jacobs salary cap. jerry gets the cash and Bruins fans get the shaft!!!!!! Tickets!!!!!! Get Your Tickets Here!!!!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I live the same, habs fans sorry for us , it is painful to become the shame of nhl

One of my Dads best friend is a Habs fan and he called to see if he was okay and told him to hang in there and said he'll pick up the tab at dinner for a while haha

This team was 17 seconds away from game 7 of the STanley Cup FInals 24 months ago my god how quickly we have fallen

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Nothing against your post of trying to project next seasons line. I give you high marks for being a true soldier and moving on faster than I can. If the three bolded players are with the Bruins next season in those spots it is gonna be a long year...

yeah probably...but its the age old question. with no cap room, were the bruins going to contend with their old roster next year. probably not. they still had holes to fill and no money to do it. now at least i see a team that (although may have taken a step back) has a light at the end of the tunnel. If 2 of the 3 firsts turn out, it will be huge for their future. People forget how deep the bruins system is since none of their top prospects are competing in the NHL. today opens the door wide open for chudinov. He still probably won't walk through it, but its open. heinen was a great pick so far. grzelyck is a great Dman at BU, o'gara, ditto at yale. with 3 legit prospects entering the system, and cap room, the bruins are in pretty good shape to compete in 2ish years. its a good day for fans who didn't think they could have competed this year or next anyway (I didn't). say they suck next year. I mean really are bad and end up top 5. They take another huge upside guy. now in 2017-18 they aren't only young. they are deep, talented and set up to compete for years to come. for a futures website, this is a good day.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Havent seen a single positive review of sweeneys moves on any media or board besides a couple of the Sweeney backers from 2 months ago.

I pray Charlie is reading this backlash on the net and starting to wonder.

Charlie got it right 9 years ago when he told his father Sinden needed to go and to being in someone from the outside. The mistake that was made was making Cam an executive.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
if you thought charlie jacobs was nervous in front of a camera before......

first year he takes over and the franchise is destroyed.....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So I went out and had a couple beers with a friend and tried to think of some positives that came out of this day for the Bruins.

4 hours later and I came up with nothing.

I've been a diehard of this team for 25 years, and never have I felt like this.

Why do they have to be so different. Is there some secret method to their madness that makes them think they know something all 29 other teams don't?

Other teams keep franchise players. In particular in their prime. Bruins don't just trade them, they go out of their way to do so. To the point where they don't even shop them around enough to get fair value.

Other teams don't continually go off the board on their draft picks. Bruins do it and do it consistently. I knew once they took Zboril with 13 they weren't taking Barzal or Connor. I just knew it. Who cares if they like Zach Sche...what is name. Drafting is a total crap-shoot anyways for the most part. Take the guys 95% of the hockey world have rated there. If they like Zach S. and he's still not there at 45 big deal. It's not like he was light years better than what was available at 15 or what will be available at 45. Take the safe pick, the guys who are rated there. Seems to work out well for all the other teams. But no Boston's scouting staff seems to think they are smarter than the rest of the hockey world. If Sweeney offered Zach S. up for trade tomorrow to move into the Top 40 I wonder how many teams would jump at the chance. Given his overall ranking not very many.

I still wonder if they held onto Hamilton could they have gotten that 5th overall pick from Carolina? Patience is a virtue this franchise seems to have none of.

Where is this team headed? No one has any idea. All I know is right now after today's event, the entire hockey world is laughing at the Bruins. Hockey fans, even Leaf fans, feel sorry for us, that's how bad it is. The media, who aren't all dough-heads, are confounded as to what the Bruins are trying to accomplish. Doubtful who they pick tomorrow will change that. 3 picks in the 2nd round, if even one of them turn out they will be lucky.

And we haven't even seen the fall-out from this. They'll never say it but I can only imagine what is going through the heads of guys like Chara, Bergy, Rask, Marchand, Krejci, to see this team's short-term future at the very least submarined by management. Players it took them awhile to get over losing Boychuk last fall, I wonder how they feel now with this debacle.

Sorry for the rant but I've never before been embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. Not after Game 7 vs. Philly in 2010. Not after Game 6 vs. the Hawks. Not even during the Sinden/MOC years in the 90s/2000s.

Today after one of the most franchise-crippling days I've ever seen in hockey, I am embarrassed to be a Bruins fan.

Reactions: Lo97

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
ngzfi.jpg

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
The amount of condolences I'm getting from level headed people is obscene.
They aren't even laughing. THEY FEEL BAD. That's even worse.
It was a historic **** up. Sweeney is gonna make history.

As an Isles fan, this must feel like the day we fired Smith and hired Garth Snow. That was the most miserable day of my life.

But what has gone on today with the Bruins has really just been.... puzzling.. for every NHL fan. Tough to see a series of events happen to a team like they did today. Just insane asset management and even worse job from the GM.

Yikes.

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
I dont know why Sweeney or Neely wouldnt at least trade the Oilers 1st and 2nd round picks when they are higher than Calgary's to begin with. A lot of media were saying that here. You can not make a trade because your still pissed at Peter if thats the case

I feel bad for Boston. **** Calgary. At the end forever grateful betting Vancouver in the final. Im already scared of Peter his trade wasnt exactly quality.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I can't even say I'm a big fan of the Zboril pick. Seems like he'll be a decent D-man but where's the upside? Another JAG.

That's all the Bruins got today and will get tomorrow from these picks and trades. Zboril, Debrusk, Senyshyn, nothing special, nothing outstanding, just all around players. Seems like Sweeney wants to continue Julien's wet dream of icing a team of two-way 2nd/3rd liners and 2nd/3rd pair D-men.

FLBRUINS68

LFGB!
May 21, 2011
FL
Draft picks are like scratch off lottery tickets .. some win but most lose - no matter how much you think you may have a winner. The draft choices today bother me a little in that perhaps we could have traded down. However, I won't lose sleep over that. The pain comes from trading Both DH and ML and getting nothing back that will help this year (unless you count a quality backup goalie). It hurts to lose 1 of them, more to lose both of them and kills me to lose them both for draft picks.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not that the Bleacher Report is any sort of authority (Willis isn't a bad writer), but this draft day grades says a lot:

Zboril - C minus

Debrusk - D plus

Senyshyn - F

Barzal - A plus

Connor - A

Chabot - A minus

Svechnikov - A

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
So I went out and had a couple beers with a friend and tried to think of some positives that came out of this day for the Bruins.

Why do they have to be so different. Is there some secret method to their madness that makes them think they know something all 29 other teams don't?

Other teams keep franchise players. In particular in their prime. Bruins don't just trade them, they go out of their way to do so. To the point where they don't even shop them around enough to get fair value.

Other teams don't continually go off the board on their draft picks. Bruins do it and do it consistently. I knew once they took Zboril with 13 they weren't taking Barzal or Connor. I just knew it. Who cares if they like Zach Sche...what is name. Drafting is a total crap-shoot anyways for the most part. Take the guys 95% of the hockey world have rated there. If they like Zach S. and he's still not there at 45 big deal. It's not like he was light years better than what was available at 15 or what will be available at 45. Take the safe pick, the guys who are rated there. Seems to work out well for all the other teams. But no Boston's scouting staff seems to think they are smarter than the rest of the hockey world. If Sweeney offered Zach S. up for trade tomorrow to move into the Top 40 I wonder how many teams would jump at the chance. Given his overall ranking not very many.

I still wonder if they held onto Hamilton could they have gotten that 5th overall pick from Carolina? Patience is a virtue this franchise seems to have none of.

Where is this team headed? No one has any idea. All I know is right now after today's event, the entire hockey world is laughing at the Bruins. Hockey fans, even Leaf fans, feel sorry for us, that's how bad it is. The media, who aren't all dough-heads, are confounded as to what the Bruins are trying to accomplish. Doubtful who they pick tomorrow will change that. 3 picks in the 2nd round, if even one of them turn out they will be lucky.

And we haven't even seen the fall-out from this. They'll never say it but I can only imagine what is going through the heads of guys like Chara, Bergy, Rask, Marchand, Krejci, to see this team's short-term future at the very least submarined by management. Players it took them awhile to get over losing Boychuk last fall, I wonder how they feel now with this debacle.

Sorry for the rant but I've never before been embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. Not after Game 7 vs. Philly in 2010. Not after Game 6 vs. the Hawks. Not even during the Sinden/MOC years in the 90s/2000s.

Today after one of the most franchise-crippling days I've ever seen in hockey, I am embarrassed to be a Bruins fan.

Again, put better than I could. Expresses my sentiment exactly.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
The trades werent good but the draft. picks werent nearly as bad as people are saying. We'll see in 2 years but i like all 3 players. Reach? maybe but it only takes one team...

I just dont understand the direction they are going. Why not trade some vets?

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California

Where's the 'Like" button?

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
As painful and disturbing the past 24 hours have been the simple fact is your can't bake a cake without breaking some eggs. Change is hard and that 1 / 2 punch with Hamilton and Lucic in the same breath certainly put most of us on the mat.

We won't know for at least another 2 years if this was a stroke of genius or not and during this time the front office will need to grow thick skin and stay to a plan (assuming they have one) and not bow to short term pressure. Lest just hope they don't pull a Lester / Porcillo move on the Hamilton deal...

As of Training Camp they are looking like this today:

XXX-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchard-Bergeron-Pasta
XXX-Spooner-Smith
Talbot-Kelly-Connolly

XXX-XXX
Chara-Seids
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-Morrow

Rask
Jones

$10M to spend. Not pretty and the young D are going to have to step up or out.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
So I think Kelly still gets dealt, which gives us another 3million to play with. Kemppainen can probably play wing im sure but id rather him take natural position at C and have Kelly flank him IF he isnt dealt. It doesn't look good right now but we have a long time to do trades, and fix this roster, Sweeney said hes building a contending team for this year so lets give him time, hes had a terrible start but we can only go up from here.

Problem for Sweeney right now is he has completey lost the fanbase, and if there is one fanbase no GM wants to lose face with its definitely Boston. Hes gonna cop it rough but lets give him time, if we start the season in a similar position then Neely should be chopped along with Sweeney but then what?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I hope someone makes a "I survived hockeypocalypse 2015" t-shirt... All this makes renewing NHL Gamecenter a tough proposition...

7bostonhockey*

I predicted a highly regarded player would fall to us because

A. Someone would go for one of the russians early. Dallas
B And someone would take Zboril a bit earlier than expected. Boston

So Barzal falls to us and we pass twice.
We passed on Connor too but he was predicted to be there.

I also predicted Hamilton might be traded. (NOT GIVEN AWAY)

3 more picks coming in the second round of the draft. We have to hit on one of them, right? RIGHT?

6 picks we should land on a few players.

Maybe this all works out for the better after the full draft and free agency and ...shudder. ...more trades.

There is still hope and i remain optimistic even though I was wary of Neely and wanted Gorton over Sweeney.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Last year we were short-
1 top 6 winger
1 top 2 Dman
1 goalie

Now were short-
2 Top 6
2 Top 4 Dmen

XXXX-Krejci-XXXX
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Smith-Spooner-Pastrnak
Talbot-Kelly-Connolly

Chara-XXXX
Seidenberg-XXXX
Krug-Mcquaid
Miller

Rask
Jones

Those are some BIG Holes to fill especially on D I doubt Trotman,Morrow, and Colin Miller are ready to play top 4 minutes

And upfront unless Pasta and Spooner become 60 point players next year where in big trouble

And the worst part is we still only have about 11 million to fill these holes

Horrible job by Don SWeeney if your gonna rebuild...REBUILD!!!

WE still have quality pieces so we aren't going to be bad enough to be a bottom 5 team we have become the Boston Celtics this team will be fighting for the 8 seed all year and if they miss the playoffs they will be picking between 10-15 again and won't be able to draft a franchise player

so much fail today

Sorry for you fans that have to deal with obvious GM mistakes. We had Bryz, I know your pain.

Personally, I would have traded #7 for Dougie no problem.

I see you guys are looking for a RHD, any interest in LSchenn +3rd for your 2nd 2nd rounder...number 45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad