GDT: ENHANCE! Your New Jersey Devils vs. the Canucks - 7PM EST

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I think either you keep offsides review as is or eliminate offsides as a reviewable item.

I think they should get rid of it.

I don't think you can review icing, if the puck was touched by a high stick earlier in the flow of play, or other events that could have lead to a stoppage in play. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I tried to look this up and couldn't find anything.)

It seems random that those other things aren't reviewable while offsides is.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think either you keep offsides review as is or eliminate offsides as a reviewable item.

I think they should get rid of it.

I don't think you can review icing, if the puck was touched by a high stick earlier in the flow of play, or other events that could have lead to a stoppage in play. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I tried to look this up and couldn't find anything.)

It seems random that those other things aren't reviewable while offsides is.

The problem with the offsides review imo is, before it was implemented it was never a contested issue. The idea of reviewing if pucks went in the net, if the puck was kicked, or if there was interference were issues of note. there were controversial plays of that ilk. But offsides? Who ever talked about it? Not something worth slowing the game down for.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Why do beat writers need to mention missed penalty calls?

I'm not talking about every missed call. But if a scoring chance for a team is being mentioned by our beat writer, and they forget to mention that the reason the chance was created was because of a missed call, its disappointing. They don't need to mention anything, but some people are better at what they do for a reason.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
What? They cover what's happening during the game, maybe that's why?

Missed penalty calls are subjective. And beat writers may not always have access to replay.

Missed penalty calls are for fans to complain about and harping on them really only serves to aggravate people. I have no problem with beat writers neglecting them.

Your tone is cute.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I prefer a hot tone more than a cute one. At least for quick comment. If it's going to be a long meaningful comment then cute is good

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I prefer a hot tone more than a cute one. At least for quick comment. If it's going to be a long meaningful comment then cute is good

I read it in the voice of Quentin Tarantino in Pulp Fiction and it enhanced my experience.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Missed penalty calls are subjective. And beat writers may not always have access to replay.

Missed penalty calls are for fans to complain about and harping on them really only serves to aggravate people. I have no problem with beat writers neglecting them.

Your tone is cute.

Like you, I'll disregard your entire point and just fixate on your last comment..... Thanks!

By they way, I edited my first comment, maybe it's a little less cute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad