GWT: English Premier League: 4/23 - 4/25/2016

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Don't care too much about that at the moment, just care about beating Villarreal. They won't make up the point on West Ham, next weekend Liverpool have to rest players.

I have to agree here. At this point, Europa vs no Europa next year doesn't matter for LFC. If players want to join Klopp they will. Obviously, if LFC wins the Europa and goes into CL then that will be good for them. At this point with their injuries, and now Sakho missing the next few games they are in big trouble

Side note: I really feel for France. They are hosting the Euros and have one of their better teams in a while on paper but their defense is literally falling apart. Varane, Mathieu, Sakho Laporte, Zouma ect... are all in danger/are missing the euros.

At this point Umtiti-Koscielny with Rami-Kaboul/Mangala as the backup pair. :shakehead

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Varane should be there. Laporte has an outside chance.
But yeah, from a position of crazy depth, we're now in a position of extremely thin depth.

And we'll be without Benzema, our best player.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Leicester with a point will eliminate City and Arsenal from the title race with three games to spare. City-Arsenal also play each other in May so its basically only down to Spurs

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The draw from Arsenal really opens up the race for the top 4.

They're tied with City, both 5 up on Utd but Utd has a game in hand.

Since City and Arsenal play each other still it means that if United somehow manage to win out, they would either be guaranteed to pass one of them or tie both. Granted they're far behind on goal differential so they'll need to actually pass one of them to get the spot, but at least it means they'll be some interest in the last weeks.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
With the new seedings for the Champions League, Leicester will get an easier group then before.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Tottenham with the Leicester City we're coming for you chant last week.

Leicester City fans counter with a Tottenham Hotspur we're waiting for you chant.

:laugh:

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Tottenham with the Leicester City we're coming for you chant last week.

Leicester City fans counter with a Tottenham Hotspur we're waiting for you chant.

:laugh:

The extent of crowds chanting in American sports is "Let's Go (Team)" or "Go (Team) Go" over and over again

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The extent of crowds chanting in American sports is "Let's Go (Team)" or "Go (Team) Go" over and over again

I think the best example to highlight the difference is when WWE tours the UK. The UK fans incorporate football chants/songs to their viewing experience. E.g. I would never have expected to hear 2 Unlimited's "No Limit" sang like this:

US crowds just aren't as inventive.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Contrary to Mr. Vardy's Facebook declarations it appears there are no meaningful repercussions for undue chatting. Delightful. Get Newcastle doon as well, and what a season we have.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Come the **** on Arsenal...

I'm less worried about relegation than I am about Rafa's future at the club if / when we are relegated.

He was brought in too late to make it realistically likely they could survive. But he's too damn good to let him go without throwing everything including the deed to SJP at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad