Endorsement deals/question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
I guess this is sort of a hockey business question? Crosby received a $3M reebok offer. So was just wondering can players in overseas leagues make money in product endorsements. If the CBA is ratified and entry level salaries are set to around $1M players like Ovechkin and Malkin could very well make more staying in Russia but could they make just as much off the ice in endorsements? Maybe players may still come over for less salary if they think or know they could make up the difference off the ice.

WC Handy*

There are a couple European teams that offered NHL level salaries this past year, but they couldn't possibly sustain them for any length of time.

mooseOAK*

I don't think that endorsement deals are that big in Russia because the general population doesn't have the disposable income that we have over here, yet.

mackdogs*

mooseOAK said:
I don't think that endorsement deals are that big in Russia because the general population doesn't have the disposable income that we have over here, yet.
I dunno about individual endorsements but the teams sure seem to have their fair share. I'm pretty sure I actually saw the color of the jersey in one game buried behind all the advertising on the sweaters. :sarcasm:
Look for the NHL to take these types of things seriously as TV contracts fall by the wayside. They'll find other revenue streams like this that fans won't like. Can't really blame them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad