Confirmed with Link: End of year press conferences: Adams to have one at 3pm on Tuesday after Granato firing

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Pegula gets shit on for talking to Kevyn everyday.

Pegula gets shit on for not caring about the Sabres.

Pick one.

I think we would like him to pick one too.

Hockey fanboy obsessed with winning a Stanley Cup.

or

Guy who refuses to spend to the salary cap ceiling and keep up with general building maintenance in a reasonable time frame.

Ok. I'm aroused.

I am curious if they aren't thrilled with Nathan Paesch's first year in Rochester or even Appert's time as HC for that matter.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think we would like him to pick one too.

Hockey fanboy obsessed with winning a Stanley Cup.

or

Guy who refuses to spend to the salary cap ceiling and keep up with general building maintenance in a reasonable time frame.

I've yet to see good evidence that he is unwilling to spend.

Reactions: joshjull

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
And while appreciating Adams candor and veiled anger, he was the guy who brought these guys back and put them on the roster.
Definitely. But if he's realizing that was a mistake and is going to make good on fixing the holes that are there, well it's better later than the never we thought may happen.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
We went 3 years at the bottom of the league in spending and did zero to weaponize cap space. Look at the Coyotes draft picks.

Terry will spend on what he wants to. Some things he drew a hard line on. It is what it is.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Adams talking about the guys needing and craving accountability and structure and being ready for it says a LOT.

"We underperformed, were inconsistent, and need to be better".

"Our standard needs to be higher - period."

"We need to play better at home."

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We went 3 years at the bottom of the league in spending and did zero to weaponize cap space. Look at the Coyotes draft picks.

Terry will spend on what he wants to. Some things he drew a hard line on. It is what it is.

Yes.. because it was a rebuild... it makes sense.

As far as weaponizing cap space there was nothing spectacular to be had for taking bad contracts.... especially considering all the draft capital we have had.

I think this was the plan. I think they have done well in some respects and bad in others. This year was a mistake.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023

Honest question. What would good evidence be?

I don't know how failing to keep up with the general maintenance of the arena, being near the bottom of the league in spending, a minimal spend on scouts for multiple years, actively talking about an effective, efficient, and economic franchise to the public while talking to employees about "maintaining family lifestyle" isn't a pattern of a guy who is pinching some pennies. I don't know what would constitute as evidence outside of those things at this point.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I don't know how failing to keep up with the general maintenance of the arena, being near the bottom of the league in spending, a minimal spend on scouts for multiple years, actively talking about an effective, efficient, and economic franchise to the public while talking to employees about "maintaining family lifestyle" isn't a pattern of a guy who is pinching some pennies. I don't know what would constitute as evidence outside of those things at this point.

Take this to the Pegula thread. Plenty of room for this baseless speculation in there.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Yes.. because it was a rebuild... it makes sense.

As far as weaponizing cap space there was nothing spectacular to be had for taking bad contracts.... especially considering all the draft capital we have had.

I think this was the plan. I think they have done well in some respects and bad in others. This year was a mistake.
I dunno, Montreal wound up with two extra first round picks for taking Monahan. Seems worth it to me.

Reactions: DJN21

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Well first off. I think the whole "maintaining family lifestyle" was never actually a thing. Disgruntled employees who didn't like being laid off. Even the greediest mf' ers around would never put that out in any sort of business meeting. Covid had no bearing on the Peguals at all financially there was never a threat that their family lifestyle was ever in jeopardy lol.

Pegula has been stating for years that the upgrades to KBC would be after the Bills Stadium was taken care of. Pretty up front about that.

The front office took a hit during Covid and they have been building it up ever since. Slow process but it's better than just hiring people to hire them. I have always got the impression they want the right people over just hiring whoever is available.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I dunno, Montreal wound up with two extra first round picks for taking Monahan. Seems worth it to me.
They got 1 for taking the contract.

They got lucky he rebounded. 30 other teams missed out on that chance as well.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Kevyn from accounting making angry teddy bear faces doesn't really impress me. He was complacent himself and showed no urgency so why should the players act differently?
Felt more like an act and damage control than anything else. Nothing genuine about it.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

The Yotes took on LTIR cap that was covered by insurance, they werent the team eating cap on 3 way trades for a late pick.

Reactions: Chainshot

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Kevyn from accounting making angry teddy bear faces doesn't really impress me. He was complacent himself and showed no urgency so why should the players act differently?
Felt more like an act and damage control than anything else. Nothing genuine about it.

He fired the coach within 24 hours of the last game ending, how can that not be urgent?

Reactions: Dingo44 and MOGlLNY

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
A 'plan' sounds to me like more than one hire. Maybe he brings in a hockey ops guy and a head coach?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He fired the coach within 24 hours of the last game ending, how can that not be urgent?
After the season? He did pretty much nothing when it comes to risk assessment and management before the season. The result was pretty expected.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
After the season? He did pretty much nothing when it comes to risk assessment and management before the season. The result was pretty expected.

He chose to run it back in the belief the team's natural growth would propel them over the playoff line, he was wrong; and owned up to it today. People can get things wrong you know; I highly doubt Adams would do the same thing last offseason had he known the result it would bring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad