Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Steve Simmons is rock hard.

new-Maple-Leafs-Blow-It-Up-front-May-14.jpg

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The presser news should confirm that was likely the case following the win over Tampa, that Dubas has been extended.

Looks like Shanny staying too (though I wonder if there will be a change of roles).

Keefe I'd still doubt returns, probably announced tomorrow they're starting the search for the next coach

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
The presser news should confirm that was likely the case following the win over Tampa, that Dubas has been extended.

Looks like Shanny staying too (though I wonder if there will be a change of roles).

Keefe I'd still doubt returns, probably announced tomorrow they're starting the search for the next coach
It would be funny if that were the case. That Shanahan came running to Kyle with the pen right after the Tampa win and then the choke happened.. Even if, if they just fire Shanny"s ass and move on from Keefe it can still work out. He always struck me as Kyle's trusting friend and a more hockey smart exec would be able to push Dubas the right way from an informed position rather than whatever Shanahan's knowledge base is supposed to be. I don't want Dubas back, but if he has to be and the other 2 are gone its a drastic new look.

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Could also just be a presser to field questions with the typical “we are doing a full evaluation” before any real decisions of who stays and who goes are made.
If they take that approach, I think it would turn into a real s**t show. The press won't let them just gloss over the major decisions to be made over the next 6 weeks if there is no clarity regarding the GM role.

Reactions: BallardEra

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
If they take that approach, I think it would turn into a real s**t show. The press won't let them just gloss over the major decisions to be made over the next 6 weeks if there is no clarity regarding the GM role.

Some in the media have been openly campaigning for Kyle the entire season; Johnston, Mirtle, Siegel, Mike Johnson to name a few even before the playoffs.

IMO, Keefe & Dubas are attached at the hip for these results. If Dubas comes back then I personally can't see him firing Keefe. Especially since just last year he said Keefe is the next Trotz. And if Dubas is gone then no chance Keefe survives.

I wonder if they'll ask Kyle what books he's been reading this season ?

The sad thing is that I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. lol

Accountability from top to bottom. :sarcasm:

CaptainCrunch17

Dec 31, 2010
North of Toronto
Could also just be a presser to field questions with the typical “we are doing a full evaluation” before any real decisions of who stays and who goes are made.
I would suggest you’re right.

They’ll most likely answer some questions, say all the usual cliche stuff and state that they’ll be doing a full evaluation of the season and path forward before making any personnel decisions.

If something big was being announced tomorrow, we would be already hearing the rumours from the usual media suspects.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Can't say I'm expecting anything eventful or earth-shattering here.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think non-answers will be the worst thing they can do, it'll just create a bigger s**t storm.
I was alluding to the possibility of any firings/resignations/replacements (Shanahan, Dubas, Keefe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad