Video End of Flyers - Pens game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Bylsma should have put on Staal line and Laviolette shouldn't have put Schenn on. Both of them caused what happened in a way

That does not change the being a tool part. Schenn cross checked Crosby while he headed to the bench with the game decided. Given Crosby is just back, that kind of message sending needs a response. If the Flyers had just let the score talk, nothing would have happened. They pressed the issue by being their usual selves. Then made it worse by whining after. Pens have zero blame here and salvaged something out of a bad game to boot. Thanks Flyers, I can always count on them doing something stupid like this to focus the team. The Pens will remember come Saturday. If the game has meaning it will help. If not call up MacIntyre to settle some of this.

PJStock*

Engelland is a beast.

Briere proves he's even more of a ***** than he really is. Unless he was really hurt. Otherwise, ***** move. For skating off the ice and not being involved at all.

Rinaldo might get a fine for the obscene gesture to the fans.

How is Couturier missing all those teeth already ?

Schenn's crosscheck on Crosby didn't look like a dive for once. You're not expecting a crosscheck when you're not near the puck.

Isn't there more fun stuff ?

Either way, great work, Fel.

Why not just change your avatar to a Penguins logo while you're at it?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
And lol at the Filthy fans crying about poor, defensless Shenn. If anyone actually watched the game or video, Shenn is the idiot that skated halfway across the ice like a maniac to jump Vitale. Of course as soon as he got tied up with Asham, he turtled, like most Flyers typically do.

PJStock*

The Flyers already took a cheap shot at Crosby, who has missed most is the past two seasons concussed, with the game basically decided with four minutes left. Should he have put him out to be cheap shotted again? Fourth line made sense, and they got their shots in to boot. Why did the Flyers put their first line out is the question.
That said, broad street bullies or a bunch of whiney girls? I am confused as the Flyers played both cards in the last four minutes. I know what my opinion on the issue is. Acting like a tool is bad enough, crying like a bunch of three year old girls after called on it is just pathetic.

Lol, you're kidding right? Our bottom 3 lines are all basically equal. Briere-Schenn-Simmonds our #1 line? No, the team is just team at forward, unlike the Penguins who have to resort to having a bunch of 3 minute per game scrubs on the traditional 4th line.

artiesrevenge

Jan 4, 2011
Lol, you're kidding right? Our bottom 3 lines are all basically equal. Briere-Schenn-Simmonds our #1 line? No, the team is just team at forward, unlike the Penguins who have to resort to having a bunch of 3 minute per game scrubs on the traditional 4th line.
so clueless this poster..pls leave

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
So you wouldn't be the least bit p.o'd, if say, the Rags were playing the Penguins, and you were up with a minute or so left, and then all of a sudden, they put out their 4th line who hadn't played in over 12 minutes? To what, protect their deficit? And lol at the people calling for 'playing to the whistle.' Playing to the whistle in this case would mean sending out Malkin, Crosby, Letang etc, to try and get back a goal or two in the game. Bushleague move, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the Penguins. They cry when their own players are targetted, yet they somehow are allowed free reign to do it themselves.

Would I be a pit pissed? Not really. Again, nobody has to fight. I'd imagine the Rangers first line would burn the Pens fourth pretty quickly.

Would I encourage my coach to stand up on the bench and scream at his counterpart like a fool? No, no I wouldn't. He looked like a moron yelling about the matchup while his team turned a hockey game into a brawl over a clean hit.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
The Flyers already took a cheap shot at Crosby, who has missed most is the past two seasons concussed, with the game basically decided with four minutes left. Should he have put him out to be cheap shotted again? Fourth line made sense, and they got their shots in to boot. Why did the Flyers put their first line out is the question.

That said, broad street bullies or a bunch of whiney girls? I am confused as the Flyers played both cards in the last four minutes. I know what my opinion on the issue is. Acting like a tool is bad enough, crying like a bunch of three year old girls after called on it is just pathetic.

Flyers are the typical bullies, and this time when they started their ****, they got their ***** handed to them. Why wasn't that **** Hartnell on the ice with a minute left? Too big of coward? Must be, since he runs his mouth and cheapshots all game long. Then Shenn cheapshots Crosby, and obviously can't understand why someone's gonna smack him for it. Like I said, Flyers are a bunch of tools. Maybe you'll win another cup in the next 30 years.

Bullies? Still living in the 70s and 80s? Sounds like you guys can't handle a loss to me. Full healthy lineup and you can't beat an injury riddled team full of rookies and a back-up goalie, even with all your dirty tactics. Guess that's why you're crying.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
And lol at the Filthy fans crying about poor, defensless Shenn. If anyone actually watched the game or video, Shenn is the idiot that skated halfway across the ice like a maniac to jump Vitale. Of course as soon as he got tied up with Asham, he turtled, like most Flyers typically do.

Who is Shenn?

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Other than Engelland, the Pens have no answer for those two, and he can't take them both. Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.

How about i say, you guys have no one that could handle Engelland period. Who cares who the 2nd and 3rd best fighters in the game are?

Why don't we call up Big Mac and see who has the best heavyweights? Because Sestito and Shelley serve no purpose besides fighting just like Big Mac while Engelland plays a solid 15+ min a night

also I've yet to see Sestito actually beat anyone legitimate in a fight. Who has he beaten, Dubinsky? Come on. He lost to Lucic and just acts like a clown.

Last edited:

diophan

Jun 1, 2011
Philadelphia

Yeah standing up for a teammate, what an idiot. I forgot you're supposed to slink away if you don't think you can take all the goons on the ice on.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah standing up for a teammate, what an idiot. I forgot you're supposed to slink away if you don't think you can take all the goons on the ice on.

but Asham can't stand up for Vitale then when Schenn and the boys come over? Got it.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Doesnt change the fact Schenn crosschecked a defenseless player. Take the homer glasses off and call a spade a spade.

I didn't realize a simple cross-check which happens about 50 times a game, is the same thing as punching a defensless player in the face over and over.

but Asham can't stand up for Vitale then when Schenn and the boys come over? Got it.

Try watching the film again. Asham personally picks Schenn out and punches him when he's being restrained by the ref. Asham's lucky the 3rd man in, Kubina, didn't do the same thing to him.

The Overseer*

They are mad at Schenn so they take a run at Briere? Makes sense.

Not a fan of either team, but, yes, it does make sense.

The message is: you take liberties with our skill guys, we take liberties with yours.

PJStock*

Would I be a pit pissed? Not really. Again, nobody has to fight. I'd imagine the Rangers first line would burn the Pens fourth pretty quickly.
Would I encourage my coach to stand up on the bench and scream at his counterpart like a fool? No, no I wouldn't. He looked like a moron yelling about the matchup while his team turned a hockey game into a brawl over a clean hit.

lol, yeah, because your Rangers seem to have so much success against the Penguins... You're talking as if your #1 line is awesome, yet your greatest weakness as a team is on the offensive side of things. Clueless poster.

PJStock*

Yet, Tortellini is a master at this kind of classless and primitive behaviour... dude, take off your glasses and stop being such a homer. Point is, when the same things happens to your Rangers you turn a blind eye, or condone it. That's what being a fan is all about.

Analyzer*

Why not just change your avatar to a Penguins logo while you're at it?

Sure, why not.

lol, yeah, because your Rangers seem to have so much success against the Penguins... You're talking as if your #1 line is awesome, yet your greatest weakness as a team is on the offensive side of things. Clueless poster.

You're still posting ? I figured all the angry built up would have caused you to smash your keyboard.

whiskeymoose

Apr 1, 2012
First time poster.. Just some of my thoughts:

-The crosscheck to Crosby was cheap, but nothing completely unexpected in a rivalry game. I don't think there was any embellishment there either. There was no call on it, and I am not too worked up about that. I also agree that Geno was tossing out some cheap chippy hits after the whistle too all game.

-The Vitale hit was clean, and the argument that the game was already decided is a weak argument. Vitale is a physical player trying to keep his spot on the team. Briere shouldn't be skating through neutral ice with a minute left and think that he has a free pass just because they are up by 3 goals. He's been around long enough that he should know this.

-Someone also made the comment way back in the beginning of the thread that "Vitale hasn't thrown a check all year." You sir, obviously has not watched a Pens game then. He throws out monster hits constantly.

-Fleury is scaring me going into the playoffs like this. Hoping that he bounces back. When he is on his game, he can be the best goalie in the league.

-I was hoping Laviolette and Grenato went at it. That would have been some serious entertainment there.

-I still hate Pierre Maguire.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Lol @ All these crybabies in this thread.

Good ole time hockey and people are calling a simple crosscheck "classless" Crosby deserved it for all the stick work and that little bump he gave Schenn before the crosscheck. The pens responded. On to Saturday.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
screw the Caps, this is our true rival. Seething hate going into a probable first round matchup will make it epic....

Last edited:

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Schenn crosscheck on Crosby.

The whole line brawl and truculence afterward

Last edited:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Vitale dropped Briere with a textbook open ice hit, the Flyers responded, and I have no problem with either of those two things.

I have an issue with the temper tantrum Lavy threw. The Pens 4th line hadn't played much in the third because they were giving extra shifts to their scorers trying to get back in the game. Once the game was out of reach, why keep throwing Crosby and co out there? Give your 4th line some time. This garbage about it being too late to throw a hit is pathetic, what happened to you guys? It's hockey, you play to the whistle. There's no gentleman's agreement not to hit a guy clean if you have a chance, regardless of the score. Guys like Vitale who go at it like it's triple OT in game 7 no matter what time is left or what the score is are part of why I fell in love with the sport when I was a kid. I'm only 28, I'm not that old, but HF makes me feel like I'm 60 sometimes.

So the Flyers choose to respond to the big hit, but they have a mismatch on the ice and get hammered, oh well. That was their decision. Bylsma had the last change, but no one held a gun to the Flyers' heads and told them to react the way they dd. I'm not sure what line they want Bylsma to put out at that point in the game where the chances of tying are basically zero.

I'm cool with what the Flyers did in terms of their response, but don't throw a hissyfit because your guys came out worse for wear.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I can't believe the amount of whining. Crosby went at Schenn and then Schenn corsschecks him and he goes down..big deal. Vitale smokes Briere..Flyers respond and then its mayhem. No one is hurt. Sets up a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad