Video End of Flyers - Pens game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
That's a pretty stupid question. Do you really think anyone knows the answer? Or is a pathetic and transparent troll attempt. Get a grip.

719860.png

Come on man...those girls are huge.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't really have a problem with a clean hit at any point in the game...

I don't have a problem with a bottom six player hitting a top six player...

Laviolette is defending his guy, but he needs to chill the **** out. It'd be one thing if it was a dirty play, but Briere got lined up and got clocked...

Such is hockey.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
I heard there's a great Italian sandwich shop in Pittsburgh that serves huge heroes with fries inside the hero.

I'm guessing that could explain the morbid obesity inside the arena.

I never quite understood the posturing behind the glass. Do you really think the people on the ice are paying any attention to what is going on behind there? It just makes people look like idiots in hindsight.

Cannot wait for this playoff series. It will be EPIC.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I heard there's a great Italian sandwich shop in Pittsburgh that serves huge heroes with fries inside the hero.

I'm guessing that could explain the morbid obesity inside the arena.

You seem to be more interested in silliness and cattiness than hockey. You must me one of these really good looking, macho, asskicking internet dudes. Awesome!

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I never quite understood the posturing behind the glass. Do you really think the people on the ice are paying any attention to what is going on behind there? It just makes people look like idiots in hindsight.

Cannot wait for this playoff series. It will be EPIC.

Internet posters sure pay attention to them though. Isn't that what it's all about? Getting your attention?

pensown

Nov 3, 2008
Pens Fan:

Crosby probably deserved something. He was slashing all game. He still seems out of it sometimes.

Pens cannot beat the Flyers at home this year.

Clean hit.

Don't start a fight if you cant win it. Schenn came in there guns blazing and then decided to get punched in the face.

Coach on the railing? Seriously grow up.

Hartnell can be very funny sometimes.

Those penguin fans, :shakehead

What else is there to talk about? This stuff happens when the Penguins are beating the Flyers badly and it usually does not even need a big hit.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Vitale dropped Briere with a textbook open ice hit, the Flyers responded, and I have no problem with either of those two things.

I have an issue with the temper tantrum Lavy threw. The Pens 4th line hadn't played much in the third because they were giving extra shifts to their scorers trying to get back in the game. Once the game was out of reach, why keep throwing Crosby and co out there? Give your 4th line some time. This garbage about it being too late to throw a hit is pathetic, what happened to you guys? It's hockey, you play to the whistle. There's no gentleman's agreement not to hit a guy clean if you have a chance, regardless of the score. Guys like Vitale who go at it like it's triple OT in game 7 no matter what time is left or what the score is are part of why I fell in love with the sport when I was a kid. I'm only 28, I'm not that old, but HF makes me feel like I'm 60 sometimes.

So the Flyers choose to respond to the big hit, but they have a mismatch on the ice and get hammered, oh well. That was their decision. Bylsma had the last change, but no one held a gun to the Flyers' heads and told them to react the way they dd. I'm not sure what line they want Bylsma to put out at that point in the game where the chances of tying are basically zero.

I'm cool with what the Flyers did in terms of their response, but don't throw a hissyfit because your guys came out worse for wear.

I agree to an extent, but who doesn't want to see their coach stand up for their team like that? It's funny/unfortunate we came out worse for the wear, because that was POSSIBLY our toughest line with Simmonds, Schenn, and Bourdon out there (maybe Kubina?). :laugh: For that reason, I still don't understand the "flyers are tougher than the Pens" comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad