End of a era, Crow retires: Corey Crawford appreciation thread

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Shit hurts. Hell of a guy for us. Hope he does great wherever he goes except against us.

Looks like we're going to try pulling a Columbus and riding two unknowns. Huge risk/reward to that.

Reactions: Muffinalt

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
It was quite expected. You can't ride him anymore. He is broken. And doesn't want to be a cheap vet backup option.

Hawks still need a vet to split starts with one of Delia/Lankinen. Crawford didn't want to be that guy.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I must admit I'm shocked but now it makes more sense as to why Stan let Lehner walk and didn't want to pay Matt Murray either. He needs the cap space and Hawks aren't winning anything for a while.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Really sucks, but this is probably the best choice. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, they acquire a good younger goalie to take over that has starter potential without spending good assets. If they think Subban or Delia are that, we will be one of the worst 5 teams in the league next year, without a doubt.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
The goalie market this offseason is awesome and we are out here about to use Delia and Lankinen next year?

That makes this tougher to deal with.

I would love to hear Kane and Toews and Keith’s feelings upon hearing that.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
great career for the hawks. still has good hockey left in him. peek into what is to come for the rest of the roster?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It doesn't add up, them going with Lankinen/Delia/Subban only. They were just rumoured to be in on Matt Murray with an extension. How's that for confidence in Delia and Lankinen?

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Going to miss him. He was massive in a couple of our cup runs. But this is the biz side and we cannot afford his ask I would assume. Let's see where he ends up with this FA crop of goalies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
It doesn't add up, them going with Lankinen/Delia/Subban only. They were just rumoured to be in on Matt Murray with an extension. How's that for confidence in Delia and Lankinen?
Reporters are pointing to a rebuild so who cares who is in net.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Was always a big Crawford believer after like the random game he beat Detroit in during one of his early call ups. Was quite annoyed at the time Neimi got the call up over him, but worked out great longterm.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I don’t know the cap stuff well enough but it looked like a no brainer that Lehner was brought in to be the starter this season

that didn’t happen.

So now the Hawks literally don’t have an NHL goalie.

I understand not signing Crow with his age and health but I have no solid answer to ‘ok, what’s next?’

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
An unproven goalie next season with the defense this team plays in their own end? This could be real ugly.

All the best Crow, thank you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad