Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dime a dozen, like I said. We can do better, we have to.
I wouldn't call a 3rd or 4th liner a prospect that will never see the NHL. I mean he may never.

But those 3rd and 4th liners can help win win cups. He's got to become solid with the puck, and turn it over, something Ylonen at 24 hasn't mastered. But Heineman is 21.

So far, my top 9 for next year:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Demidov
Hutson - Monahan - Roy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I have been a tad harsh on him recently but his physical play, his solid penalty killing has me thinking he could become a solid 3rd line player who could slide into the top 6 when needed. He does possess a really good shot.
The guy skated for miles Sunday and was as effective as I've seen him all season long.
He definitely has NHL qualities but needs to find the back of the net more often.
As for him being a dime a dozen player two of my previous favorite players in recent times were Lars Eller and Arturri Lehkonen.
They too were tarred with that same brush so I'm fairly optimistic. :laugh:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't call a 3rd or 4th liner a prospect that will never see the NHL. I mean he may never.

But those 3rd and 4th liners can help win win cups. He's got to become solid with the puck, and turn it over, something Ylonen at 24 hasn't mastered. But Heineman is 21.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Demidov
Hutson - Monahan - Roy

Monahan? typo? Also you think whoever we draft this summer can step in? Hope so. I agree with the rest!
I'm not on the Hutson hype train yet, his size frightens me on the blueline.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Monahan? typo? Also you think whoever we draft this summer can step in? Hope so. I agree with the rest!
I'm not on the Hutson hype train yet, his size frightens me on the blueline.
Our drafted 1st probably won't play this year. Armia probably plays opposite Roy in the top 9.

Monahan is probably a pipe dream. But one can dream.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Our drafted 1st probably won't play this year. Armia probably plays opposite Roy in the top 9.

maybe there's a decent FA they can pick up, once Pearson, White etc are finally gone. Anderson will be here, I really think he will bounce back.

Jul 6, 2016

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Demidov
Hutson
- Monahan - Roy
You are dreaming in colour if you think Monahan will ever play again for the Habs. And about 5% chances that Demidov will be available or picked by Habs. And Hutson on a wing is just plain crazy.

Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You are dreaming in colour if you think Monahan will ever play again for the Habs. And about 5% chances that Demidov will be available or picked by Habs. And Hutson on a wing is just plain crazy.
1. We'll see how the Jets do. Right now they're going through a tough stretch. If they don't do well, Monahan might not demand a huge contract in the summer. I think it was the money that Monahan wanted that was the issue. Also, Monahan's production has slowed down recently.

2. if we can finish bottom 4 or 5 we have a legit shot at a Demidov or Lindstrom...

3. Hutson has to prove he can defend at the NHL level. If he can't I think he'll be dynamite on the wing.

maybe there's a decent FA they can pick up, once Pearson, White etc are finally gone. Anderson will be here, I really think he will bounce back.
Duclair? Tarasenko?

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
1. We'll see how the Jets do. Right now they're going through a tough stretch. If they don't do well, Monahan might not demand a huge contract in the summer. I think it was the money that Monahan wanted that was the issue. Also, Monahan's production has slowed down recently.

2. if we can finish bottom 4 or 5 we have a legit shot at a Demidov or Lindstrom...

3. Hutson has to prove he can defend at the NHL level. If he can't I think he'll be dynamite on the wing.

Duclair? Tarasenko?

Either, or ,would be an upgrade no doubt. Unles Kent makes a trade at the draft with the Peg's pick and a player. You think the rumours of Holtz out of NJD have any legs?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Either, or ,would be an upgrade no doubt. Unles Kent makes a trade at the draft with the Peg's pick and a player. You think the rumours of Holtz out of NJD have any legs?
Not sure. But after Dach and Newhook I look forward to who HuGo will be targetting. There are a few young players in Columbus, Holtz, Kapo Kakko, etc..

Reactions: Habs

John B

Nov 19, 2016

Duclair? Tarasenko?
Duclair's inconsistency scares me. One season he's good, the next he's not. If it's a 1 or 2 year deal with a fairly low AAV, I'd be OK with taking a flyer on him.

I don't like the idea of moving Hutson to the wing right now. He should be developed as a defenseman since he was drafted as one. If that doesn't work out, maybe they consider him at wing. Just my opinion though.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Monahan back is not a pipe dream, it's a nightmare. We have Dach, Newhook, Evans, Beck and Kapanen at centrer. Also who knows who we will pick in the top-10 this year, maybe another center. Monahan will ask at least a three year contract. Hughes is not thinking for next season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Monahan back is not a pipe dream, it's a nightmare. We have Dach, Newhook, Evans, Beck and Kapanen at centrer. Also who knows who we will pick in the top-10 this year, maybe another center. Monahan will ask at least a three year contract. Hughes is not thinking for next season.
I'm ok with 3 years, 5M AAV.

He can play wing once Kapanen and Beck are ready. Newhook, so far, looks better at wing, specifically on Dach's wing.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Duclair's inconsistency scares me. One season he's good, the next he's not. If it's a 1 or 2 year deal with a fairly low AAV, I'd be OK with taking a flyer on him.

I don't like the idea of moving Hutson to the wing right now. He should be developed as a defenseman since he was drafted as one. If that doesn't work out, maybe they consider him at wing. Just my opinion though.

Ever since Duclair was traded to Ottawa in 2018-2019, in each of his stops, he's either scored at a 20 plus goal pace or 40 plus point pace, mostly a 50 point pace, except for the final 20 games of the year he came back from Achilles tended surgery.

And overall over that time period, he has 94 goals and 189 points in 289 games, which is a place of 27 goals and 54 points per 82 games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah Toffoli trade isn't looking real good at this juncture.

I can't think of any of the prospects Hughes has traded vets for that have been looking good (Heineman, Barron, Smilanik, etc...) . But overall I 'm liking what he's done with the picks (Dach, Newhook, Hutson, Slaf, fowler, etc...).

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad