Recalled/Assigned: Emil Heineman Emergency Recall to Montreal (Jan. 5th)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Would like to see him with Monahan and Ylonen but i just know he’ll be stuck with Evans and Gally.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Ylonen - Monahan - Anderson
Gally - Evan's - Armia
Pez - Stephen's- Heineman

I don't see MSL even putting him with Evan's in the top 9. But yeah I would like to see Ylonen - Monahan - Heineman.

Reactions: SlafySZN

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Question- what is the difference between being called up and an emergency recall?
Emergency recall doesn't count against the cap. But to make one you must qualify for it. You must have less than a fixed amount of players available and not enough cap space to make a normal recall form what i can remember.

Reactions: vokiel and Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Emergency recall is when your NHL team isn't able to dress the miminum required number of players or mimimum of 2 goalies, whether due to injuries or illness.

Is someone else injured or I'll? Because before Heineman we have 11 forwards and 8D so we can dress a full team, plus have a spare (Lindstrom).

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Question- what is the difference between being called up and an emergency recall?
Emergency recalls can only be done if you played with less than 12 forwards, 6 Ds and 2 goalies for one game. The player recalled can't make more than $850k, since it doesn't count against the cap space. It also has a different clock than normal recall for waiver eligible players.

It's actually weird that the Habs are using it here, they don't lack cap space to recall Heinenam and he's waiver exempt. Unless emergency recalls also allow to go over 23 roster players on paper (Dvorak haven't been put on IR yet), but that's not mentioned in what I read.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Is someone else injured or I'll? Because before Heineman we have 11 forwards and 8D so we can dress a full team, plus have a spare (Lindstrom).
As I wrote in my earlier post, while people says 18 players/2 goalies. It's actually 12 Fs, 6 Ds and 2 Gs in the NHL rule book. So going 11F for one game makes you eligible for it.

Reactions: 26Mats

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Ylonen has been playing top 6 with Monahan and Anderson and PP2 for a few games now.
Long overdue.

Montreal is going to go 12F, 6D again with Kovacevic getting benched. He was pretty bad in only 8 minutes of play against Buffalo.

Playing Suzuki 25 minutes a game probably shouldn't happen either. We need a 4th line. Hopefully Heineman plays more this time around.
Sadly I think Kovasevic's tenure in Montreal won't last much longer.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Ylonen has been playing top 6 with Monahan and Anderson and PP2 for a few games now.
Thought he had a pretty good game last night. Beauty cross ice saucer pass, that jam play where he nearly scored, and a couple good shots/one timers on the PP. These injuries are giving him an opportunity to move up finally, but he needs to make the most of it with Pearson/RHP coming back soon, things will get crowded again quickly.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Thought he had a pretty good game last night. Beauty cross ice saucer pass, that jam play where he nearly scored, and a couple good shots/one timers on the PP. These injuries are giving him an opportunity to move up finally, but he needs to make the most of it with Pearson/RHP coming back soon, things will get crowded again quickly.
Yeah i agree he brings some skills.

Heineman will be sent to Laval and one is probably gonna be scratched. I guess it’s Pezzetta but one of Ylonen, Pearson or RHP will be on the 4th line.

I would love to see Heineman finally stay, though.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Long overdue.

Sadly I think Kovasevic's tenure in Montreal won't last much longer.

He's a really easy guy to trade. He's cheap with a contract below minimum wage, is signed for another year, can kill penalties, is a RD, which is a premium position in NHL, and can be a decent depth defenseman. I don't expect much. A 3rd to 5th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad