Email from Mike Priest to PSL holders, Opening Night and Ticket Deals

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
On behalf of the entire Blue Jackets' organization, I apologize that you lost the first few months of the hockey season. We have the best athletes in professional sports and we are looking forward to providing you with the opportunity to see them on the ice and once again enjoy the action, skill and intensity that we all love about the game of hockey.

We recognize that we need to work hard to earn your trust and support. Our efforts in that regard have already begun. Over the next few days, you will hear about a number of the things we plan to do for the general fan base on Opening Night and the days that follow. On top of those things, which you can of course take advantage of, we also have some additional offers for you, our valued Personal Seat License (PSL) holders.

1. You will see in our advertising for Opening Night we will be offering a 2 for 1 ticket offer. We recognize that most of you have purchased a ticket for Opening Night as part of your ticket package. We also appreciate the investment you have already made with us. Therefore, we are offering you a free ticket for each one you have in your ticket plan which you may use for any game this season, including Opening Night. In other words, if you have 4 seats in your ticket package, you will receive 4 free tickets of equal value, based on availability, to use for the game of your choice.
2. Over the last few years we have extended an exclusive offer to our PSL holders during the holidays which provided the opportunity to purchase tickets for a select number of games during the season for just $10 per ticket. Although the holiday season is behind us, in light of the shortened season, we are extending this exclusive offer to you now. Starting tomorrow at Noon through next Monday, January 21, you can purchase tickets for any game in January or February for just $10 each. We hope this offer allows you to bring more friends and family to the game and adds to your enjoyment of the upcoming season.
3. As a PSL holder you have the exclusive opportunity to purchase FanBuck vouchers throughout the season allowing you to receive food and beverages at all Blue Jackets games at a 10% discount. During the month of January, you can purchase FanBuck vouchers at a 30% discount - the largest discount we have ever offered. By purchasing your FanBucks this month, you save 30% off regular food and beverage prices this season.
4. Between now and January 31st, all season ticket holders will receive a 25% discount on all merchandise at the Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line stores at Nationwide Arena and at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing in Dublin.

Please look for emails from us on Monday with specific instructions on how to take advantage of the free ticket, $10 ticket and FanBuck offers mentioned above. To take advantage of the 25% merchandise discount, simply present your new digital ticket card (i.e. Blue Jackets Season Pass) at any Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line location. You should receive your Blue Jackets Season Pass within the next few days.

Ultimately, we know we must provide you a team that you can be proud of and the exciting hockey you deserve. We are absolutely committed to building a team that plays hard, plays to win and ultimately achieves the goal of winning the Stanley Cup. The moves we made in the off-season have moved us closer to that goal and we are confident that under the leadership of John Davidson as our new President of Hockey Operations, we will reach our ultimate goal and reward you for sticking with us.

I would like to once again thank you for the dedication, loyalty and passion you have shown for your team. The great crowd at today's opening of Training Camp was once again evidence of the fantastic support of our fans and the strength of Central Ohio as a hockey market.

If you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience, please do not hesitate to contact me or your personal Blue Jackets representative at any time.

I look forward to seeing you at Nationwide Arena on Opening Night.

Sincerely,

Mike Priest
President

This email was sent by: Columbus Blue Jackets
200 W. Nationwide Blvd. Suite Level Columbus, OH, 43215, United States
Update Profile
Unsubscribe

Opening Night deals.

The Columbus Blue Jackets announced today a pair of special ticket offers and a host of in-game festivities surrounding the club’s home-opener, which is slated for Monday, January 21 against the Detroit Red Wings. The game, which will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network, begins at 7:30 p.m. with doors to Nationwide Arena opening early at 6 p.m.
A special “2 for 1†Opening Night ticket offer allows fans that purchase a ticket for the January 21 game to get a second of equal value for no additional cost. As a further bonus, the Blue Jackets and Ticketmaster will waive convenience and all order processing fees for online ticket purchases from January 15-21.
During this seven-day period, fans may buy tickets for any game on the 24-game home schedule without paying the additional convenience and order processing fees typically associated with an online purchase. Although individual savings will vary based on the price of tickets purchased, the benefits result in a savings of up to $17 per ticket. Single-game tickets for all games go on sale Tuesday, January 15 at 9 a.m.
In other Opening Night news, all fans in attendance will receive a free T-shirt courtesy of FOX Sports Ohio, a 2012-13 schedule magnet presented by Papa John’s, a cheer card presented by Nationwide Insurance and FOX Sports Ohio and a voucher redeemable for a free Pepsi product, hot dog and popcorn that night. Fans can also expect numerous in-game prize giveaways as well as the chance to win a player-worn jersey. Fans are encouraged to take their seats early for pre-game opening ceremonies which will include player introductions among the many planned festivities.
For the second home game when the Blue Jackets host the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, January 26 at 7 p.m., all fans will receive a Blue Jackets baseball cap and a 2012-13 schedule poster presented by FOX Sports Ohio. Fans are also encouraged to stay for a post-game team autograph session presented by Nationwide Insurance. The Dispatch Family Value Pack is available for this game. The package starts at $25 per person and includes one AEP Power Level (upper bowl) ticket, one hot dog, one Pepsi, one popcorn, and one OhioHealth Ice Haus skate pass. A lower bowl package is available for $59 per person.
Single-game tickets starting at $26 may be purchased at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, the FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Store at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, ticket outlets at the OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, via phone at 800-745-3000 or online at BlueJackets.com and ticketmaster.com.
A variety of full and partial-season ticket packages starting at less than $15 per game are also on sale now. Season ticket holders receive a number of great benefits including significant savings versus single-game prices; the best available seat locations; exclusive access to events with players and coaches; and priority access to tickets for most other events at Nationwide Arena and the Jerome Schottenstein Center. For more information, call (800) NHL-COLS or visit BlueJackets.com.

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Four free seats in the SCF would be nice.... :sarcasm: Nice letter... and nice to see Priest sticking to the business end of hockey.

postalpez

Dec 21, 2008
Don't make me LIKE you, Mike Priest! :laugh:

Another Priest move?
MILITARY APPRECIATION OFFER - EVERY HOME GAME - Active members of the armed services may present their current military ID at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena to receive one pair of complimentary tickets for any game this season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Four free seats in the SCF would be nice.... :sarcasm: Nice letter... and nice to see Priest sticking to the business end of hockey.

But you'd have to pay for air and hotel in NY or Vancouver :laugh:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
it's a good start. Not surprised at all by the $10 offer, they need to have butts in seats to get profit sharing dollars, they have virtually no time to sell single game tickets (in past they would have 30+ days to get people, this year they have 8 days until home opener), and also as they said the best way to experience hockey is to get live people there.
It does kill the value of season tickets (is the downside). There will be a flood of available tickets on the market and everyone that knows someone will be able to get lower bowl tickets for $10 for first 6 weeks.
Also same type of deal with opening night - they are trying to make sure they have 17k+ (hopefully 18k sellout) for the televised game. Even with Detroit in town it could have easily been a 14k kind of game w attendance.

WALLY

Oct 24, 2008
Gahanna, OH
Email from Mike Priest to half-season ticket holders:

On behalf of the entire Blue Jackets' organization, I apologize that you lost the first few months of the hockey season. We have the best athletes in professional sports and we are looking forward to providing you with the opportunity to see them on the ice and once again enjoy the action, skill and intensity that we all love about the game of hockey.

We recognize that we need to work hard to earn your trust and support. Our efforts in that regard have already begun. Over the next few days, you will hear about a number of the things we plan to do for the general fan base on Opening Night and the days that follow. On top of those things, which you can of course take advantage of, we also have some additional offers for you, our valued ticket plan holders.

1. You will see in our advertising for Opening Night we will be offering a 2 for 1 ticket offer. We recognize that most of you have purchased a ticket for Opening Night as part of your ticket package. We also appreciate the investment you have already made with us. Therefore, we are offering you a free ticket for each one you have in your ticket plan which you may use for any game this season, including Opening Night. In other words, if you have 4 seats in your ticket package, you will receive 4 free tickets of equal value, based on availability, to use for the game of your choice.

2. We are also extending to you an offer to purchase additional tickets for a select number of games during the season. Starting tomorrow through next Monday, January 21, you can purchase lower level tickets for any game in January or February for just $25 each and AEP Power Level (upper level) tickets for just $15 each. A savings of up to 75% off our normal single game ticket prices! We hope this offer allows you to bring more friends and family to the game and adds to your enjoyment of the upcoming season.

3. Between now and January 31st, all season ticket holders will receive a 25% discount on all merchandise at the Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line stores at Nationwide Arena and at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing in Dublin.

Please look for emails from us on Monday with specific instructions on how to take advantage of the free ticket and $25 and $15 ticket offers mentioned above. To take advantage of the 25% merchandise discount, simply present your new digital ticket card (i.e. Blue Jackets Season Pass) at any Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line location. You should receive your Blue Jackets Season Pass within the next few days.

Ultimately, we know we must provide you a team that you can be proud of and the exciting hockey you deserve. We are absolutely committed to building a team that plays hard, plays to win and ultimately achieves the goal of winning the Stanley Cup. The moves we made in the off-season have moved us closer to that goal and we are confident that under the leadership of John Davidson as our new President of Hockey Operations, we will reach our ultimate goal and reward you for sticking with us.

I would like to once again thank you for the dedication, loyalty and passion you have shown for your team. The great crowd at today's opening of Training Camp was once again evidence of the fantastic support of our fans and the strength of Central Ohio as a hockey market.

If you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience, please do not hesitate to contact me or your personal Blue Jackets representative at any time.

I look forward to seeing you at Nationwide Arena on Opening Night.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
How exactly does one purchase tickets today starting at noon?

Login to your CBJ season ticket holder account and click "Buy Tickets". It will then say "Seasonal $10 Ticket Offer". Click it and select games you want. You may buy up to 20 tickets per game.

They are on sale now.

Last edited:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Login to your CBJ season ticket holder account and click "Buy Tickets". It will then say "Seasonal $10 Ticket Offer". Click it and select games you want.

My account keeps telling me "Unfortunately there are no items for sale at this time. Please check back later as items may become available to purchase. Click "home" to return to the homepage." :huh:

BJfan

Sep 20, 2008
section 209
Login to your CBJ season ticket holder account and click "Buy Tickets". It will then say "Seasonal $10 Ticket Offer". Click it and select games you want.

Great. My ticket rep said a link would come out in an email at noon with a link. I should have figured it would be like years past. Thanks for the info. Can't seem to get any tickets in the lower bowl. Only club for best available, even if I specify lower sideline.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Just got the email for the $10 sale and really like this part of it.

As a reminder, individual game tickets purchased through My Blue Jackets Account are not eligible to be posted on Ticketmaster's NHL TicketExchange or any other secondary ticket marketplace (such as Stub Hub, Dream Seats, etc.). Tickets placed on secondary marketplaces are subject to cancellation.

Not sure how much it will help, but at least they are trying to keep them from being resold.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Sure... if only I could get mine to call me back.

My rep got changed once the lockout set in and this new lady has never called me or contacted me in any way.

Really? Maybe if you tell them you are canceling your season ticket package...then they'll call you every other day:laugh:

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus
Just got the email for the $10 sale and really like this part of it.

Not sure how much it will help, but at least they are trying to keep them from being resold.

That's nice that they are trying. As a STH, it's appreciated.

My issue is that when I log in to my account, it won't let me print tickets or email them either! We have a group that splits all our seats, if we can't print tickets, it's screwing us, and trying to get the cards exchanged for each group is more than a hassle. I'm hoping this is a glitch and it will get fixed.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
If anybody is selling tickets for opening night that they bought early let me know I'll buy, if not I'll purchase in the mourning at work just thought I'd check here first.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Sure... if only I could get mine to call me back.

My rep got changed once the lockout set in and this new lady has never called me or contacted me in any way.

I have a new one, too (of course, they don't stick around long!), and am awaiting a return call from a message left early this morning. He might be busy and he might be out, but I'll be disappointed if I don't hear back, today.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If anybody is selling tickets for opening night that they bought early let me know I'll buy, if not I'll purchase in the mourning at work just thought I'd check here first.

or do you know anyone with a PSL'ers that wants to use their free tickets for you :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad