Elmira First Arena all set

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
The building enhancements will ensure it's success for years to come. Donner is a man that knows how to get things done, and the FPHL is a good fit for Elmira and towns like nearby Binghamton as it to transitions and grows. I hope Robbie Nichols has some kind of role to because he is in fact a beloved community guy. The organization however is in good hands with Steve, no doubt.

Reactions: sabremike and JMCx4

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
The building enhancements will ensure it's success for years to come. Donner is a man that knows how to get things done, and the FPHL is a good fit for Elmira and towns like nearby Binghamton as it to transitions and grows. I hope Robbie Nichols has some kind of role to because he is in fact a beloved community guy. The organization however is in good hands with Steve, no doubt.

Yup, they're in great hands with the guy who ran most of Rochester's pro franchises into the ground before declaring bankruptcy, listing $17,000 in assets against $5.9 million in liabilities!

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Yup, they're in great hands with the guy who ran most of Rochester's pro franchises into the ground before declaring bankruptcy, listing $17,000 in assets against $5.9 million in liabilities!

Thats business, it's not always pretty unfortunately. I don't believe for one minute he intentionally "ran them into the ground". Won't convince me otherwise.

Reactions: sabremike

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Thats business, it's not always pretty unfortunately. I don't believe for one minute he intentionally "ran them into the ground". Won't convince me otherwise.

Well, he ran the Rhinos into a "hiatus" that is supposedly coming to an end... this year. With the Amerks, his incompetence lost him a 30-year NHL affiliation from the closest franchise to his market, which damaged the brand so badly, he incurred a lot of the debt that caused the bankruptcy.

I never said he did it intentionally.

And yeah, I get that businesses go bankrupt. But if this guy is such a savvy businessman, he wouldn't have ended up personally bankrupt.

Reactions: wildcat48

Timjohnson

Jun 6, 2019

Robbie Nichols involved with the new team? Ha, did you read the new lease agreement by chance? They wrote a clause in there to specifically keep Robbie out, stating that anyone involved in an ownership or management role with the prior team cannot have any involvement with the new team.

Reactions: wildcat48

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad