Speculation: Elliotte Friedman speculates : Capitals a potential destination for Alex DeBrincat?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

" I wanted to talk about DeBrincat. We talked about DeBrincat and our default was that it would be Detroit. I don’t think so anymore. As I was leaving the draft on Thursday, I was getting a lot of people telling me that they don’t think it’s going to work in Detroit – it just doesn’t appear to be a match "

" I’ve wondered about Washington. Can DeBrincat and Ovechkin both work together on the power play? Ovechkin kinda has earned his spot in Washington there. It’s tough to displace him. People started to say to me, ‘Start looking in some new directions for DeBrincat.’ I know about Dallas, but Dallas doesn’t have a lot of room

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He'll pad his stats wherever he goes and hope that teams give more of a shit about him next off season.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Taxes are very high.
That's three places. They are high in DC and Maryland, pretty low in Virginia.

Players live and practice in NoVa, play games in DC. Monumental is rumored to be negotiating with NoVa officials about building the next arena that will replace the downtown arena. Probably near the Amazon HQ near Crystal City or Pentagon City. Lots of money in NoVA, friendly business climate, and decent tax situation. It's the same reason Amazon is moving to NoVA (and Nashville) from Seattle.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Debrincat for Tom Wilson

General Manager Brian MacLellan on Thursday reiterated his displeasure with rumors suggesting that Tom Wilson is on the trade block.

“You guys!” MacLellan snapped half-joking when asked about the online speculation. “People make up stuff and throw it out there. We haven’t (had) one discussion about him. Whoever is doing that, I don’t know. We constantly tell people we’re not (trading him).”

• Wilson has one more year on a contract that averages $5.16 million per. He’s eligible to ink an extension as early as Saturday, and the team has “good” discussions with Wilson’s agent, a league source said, but nothing is imminent.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Seems like nobody wants this dude.

One year it's a 'steal' when a team gives up a 7th overall/2nd/3rd rounder to get you, the next summer that same team can't even give you away. Wild ride.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

One year it's a 'steal' when a team gives up a 7th overall/2nd/3rd rounder to get you, the next summer that same team can't even give you away. Wild ride.
I think a lot of teams want him but no one knows who he would sign long-term with and Ottawa isn't allowing teams to talk contract with him and they also want a trade return as if he's signed long-term.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada

I'm sure theres interest but his preferred destination list that we've all seen is pretty short (no pun intended)

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I think a lot of teams want him but no one knows who he would sign long-term with and Ottawa isn't allowing teams to talk contract with him and they also want a trade return as if he's signed long-term.
While that could be true, I'd also imagine that Dorion has already inquired from his agent the rough outline of the type of extension DBC is willing to sign for with the list of his preferred teams he submitted so far. I'm just speculating but it wouldn't make sense otherwise for him to expect the opposing gm to offer a package that includes a DBC extension without having any idea what DBC contract demands would be.

Dorion could relay for instance that he's looking for a long term deal in the 6-8 years range and a figure between 8-9m or something like that without having specifics in place to use as a framework in the negotiation process, and then have the team speak with his agent directly once he is happy with the return being offered. That would make the most sense for me but again im just guessing.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

I think the difference between the Sens offer and other teams offer was gigantic, and it’s giving a false value last year.

Somehow, that was considered a small package for the Sens, as though a Marco Kasper wasn’t needed.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
"Ovechkin kinda has earned his spot in Washington there."

Chuckle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad