Elias Pettersson.. Playoff Ghost

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
lol getting carried through the playoffs means nothing. When the Canucks lose, Petterssons production will be all that is remembered and a big what if
Lol. At the start of the season, the Canucks were predicted to miss the playoffs based on a decade of being a bottom 10 team. When the playoffs end for this team, all that will be remembered was how successful this season was for the team and how valuable the playoff experience was for players like Silovs.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
lol getting carried through the playoffs means nothing. When the Canucks lose, Petterssons production will be all that is remembered and a big what if

You’re 100% right and we’ve been him giving him heat. Just drop by our petey thread in our forum. For his struggles last time he was in the playoffs he was our best forward.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Like I said yesterday, The Interview didn't mean jack s***. He came out with his best effort of the playoffs.

Any of the armchair psychiatrists here offering some mea culpas?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I don't think it's a playoff thing, dude is just the most inconsistent star player in the league
You're thinking Huberdeau.... Or Tage. EP is consistent on the defensive end, more often than not he will find his way out of the rut. Is he a 11.6 m player if he gets ice cold like this? No. He has to reduce these valleys. If it's not injury, he mentioned before, it's mindset for him, then he needs a sports psychologist.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
The fans really had his back yesterday during the game which was really cool to see. It clearly gave him a pick me up. Pettersson is a guy who's constantly in danger of being too far in his head. He needs a sports psychologist. He has it in him to be one of the top players in the league and, yes, a playoff performer. But there have been stretches in his career - this one lasting since the all star game - where he's just not there. Whether that's pouting, whether it's the yips, whatever - he needs to figure it out.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Incredible what happens when he’s not stapled to Ilya frickin Mikeyhev.

Hope Mikheyev is bought out or traded this summer like Beuvillier. Maybe Allvin can dupe the preds again 🤣

The fans really had his back yesterday during the game which was really cool to see. It clearly gave him a pick me up. Pettersson is a guy who's constantly in danger of being too far in his head. He needs a sports psychologist. He has it in him to be one of the top players in the league and, yes, a playoff performer. But there have been stretches in his career - this one lasting since the all star game - where he's just not there. Whether that's pouting, whether it's the yips, whatever - he needs to figure it out.
We need Bruce, the Petersson whisperer to cuddle him again and boost his confidence. Worked wonders for Boeser too and Petersson when he was coaching.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
He had an assist and was one of the few Vancouver players not a negative in the game... it's not much but it's something.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Seeing Hughes absolutely refuse to even look his way while QBing the PP, especially the 5 on 3, tells you all you need to know.

i notifed that too and it was a damn shame because for the first time all playoffs petey was actually moving his feet on the pp. and other than hughes no one else on the unit was.

there was one time hughes could have hit petey wide open for the one timer and instead went to miller with no shooting lane, who bozoed the puck as he has on the pp for two whole games now.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I'm so sick of Petterson. He was motivated to try for one game under scrutiny. Now back to being casper the friendly ghost.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
it appears the Canucks have a Marner.
Swap them just to get them out of their respective cities.
Be good for Marner if not Pettersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad