1. Jones
2. Drouin
3. MacKinnon
4. Barkov
5. Nichushkin
6. Lindholm
7. Shinkaruk
8. Monahan

Problem is there is 1 D so most people expect 1 or 2 to pop up there.

Nurse is considered top 8 in most rankings. With Edmonton, Philly, possibly Carolina, and tampa, is it likely that at least one other Dman goes in the top 8. If philly drafts 9 and us 10, it is possible that Philly goes with Zadarov or Ristolainen, especially if Risto is possibly ready to step into the NHl next year while Zadarov gives them a Pronger replacement. That would leave one of the top fwds for us. Ranking wise, that might mean Shinkaruk but I could see him going to Buffalo, who need wings and have never been shy about an undersized guy. That would leave either Monahan, Lindholm, or Nicushkin if the russian factor comes into play.

Thus a question, if Nicushkin is the only top fwd left at pick 10, do you draft him and take that risk? I say yes, as he's got top 3-4 talent and Kovy can get him over here in 2 years....he's just giving up bigger KHL money to play for a team that won't offer any rookie bonuses....

There's usually one "of the board" pick in the top 10 (see Hampus Lindholm last year) and I think that pick is more likely to be a D-man. (Pulock, Morrisey, Zadarov)....could also see Buffalo go off the board and take Fucale, the best goalie in the draft and then settle on a forward with their other 1st rounder. Hopefully, Lou doesn't go of the board if one of the top guys are still there.

B A T M A N

I would ****ing LOVE if Lindholm fell into our laps.
I don't think he will, though.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Only recently and only because Monahan and sometimes Lindholm have been falling.

Nurse has been a consistent top 8 pick and most analysts have him going top 5 or 6. This is nothing new. Flyers fans have wanted Nurse since February when they had a top 5 pick.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
It's likely one of the two will fall to us, and I'd happily take either. I'd also prefer Lindholm, but I'd be more than happy with Monahan too.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Don't care who we pick honestly. Just don't ****ing sit him every other game, or bench for one little mistake.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Devils love them some Swedish players, but I also really like Monahans style. im leaning towards Monahan but I wouldnt be unhappy if its one of these guys

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Domi is not considered top 8.

Your general top 8 consensus from reports:

1. Jones
2. Drouin
3. MacKinnon
4. Barkov
5. Nichushkin
6. Lindholm
7. Shinkaruk
8. Monahan

Problem is there is 1 D so most people expect 1 or 2 to pop up there.

Isn't the consensus more like

1. Jones
2. Drouin/Mackinnon
3. Drouin/Mackinnon
4. Barkov
5. Nichushkin
6. Nurse
7. Lindholm
8. Monahan
9. Shinkaruk

Not much difference, but from all the reports I've seen Monahan is always ahead of Shinkaruk and Nurse is put in somewhere between 6-8.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Shinkaruk doesnt go before Monahan imo. Piano, thats basically how I see the top 10 going, with probably Ristolainen or Pulock at 10th

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Isn't the consensus more like

1. Jones
2. Drouin/Mackinnon
3. Drouin/Mackinnon
4. Barkov
5. Nichushkin
6. Nurse
7. Lindholm
8. Monahan
9. Shinkaruk

Not much difference, but from all the reports I've seen Monahan is always ahead of Shinkaruk and Nurse is put in somewhere between 6-8.

They weren't really in order. Just there to emphasize that after Jones, you could see 7 forwards go minus Nurse.

So the flyers want Nurse huh? They are at 10. Doesn't do us a whole lot. But draft day is always unpredictable.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
They weren't really in order. Just there to emphasize that after Jones, you could see 7 forwards go minus Nurse.

So the flyers want Nurse huh? They are at 10. Doesn't do us a whole lot. But draft day is always unpredictable.

Oh right. Didn't realize that.

I'd hope one of the teams ahead of us picks Nurse. Someone like Edmonton or Carolina, even though it seems unlikely at this point. Each team has it's own list, everything is possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad