Post-Game Talk: El Diablow

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I disagree. I don't think Lav expected the 5 on 5. He expected the Rempe fight so it would be out of the way. If he expected a 5 on 5, Schneider would have been out there. He can fight. And the coaches goal is to build up Trouba after the injury. There's no way the coaches wanted Trouba out after 2 seconds. That proves to me that the 5 on 5 surprised Lav. That's why he was so pissed at Green.

I was making a point with respect to the forward group only actually. I don't think (so I agree) that the whole 5 on 5 was anticipated by anyone but then I don't think there was more or less benefit / detriment from icing Schneider / Gusstaffson or Trouba / Miller.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I can't disagree with this more. Drury traded for 2 players that were playing top 6 roles. They need to produce as such.
That's hysterical. They were playing top six on two teams that aren't making the playoffs... CBJ are in the league bottom 5. There's a reason they were so cheap to acquire: they aren't really top six players. They are stopgaps. Esp Roslovic IMO.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Everyone has swelling, bruises, etc. after 70 games

I know Im just pointing out that the leg injury he suffered earlier this year isnt completely gone. Which is impressive because I think hes been really good since his return despite his lack of explosiveness. The vote of confidence in him at the deadline, and the addition of a really underrated player in Wennberg, have been a huge help.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I know Im just pointing out that the leg injury he suffered earlier this year isnt completely gone. Which is impressive because I think hes been really good since his return despite his lack of explosiveness. The vote of confidence in him at the deadline, and the addition of a really underrated player in Wennberg, have been a huge help.
Oh yeah, I think anyone who has a leg injury in-season will be wearing a brace of some sort until the season ends. Fox was wearing one in a postgame video a week or so ago

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I agree with you on all those points. My point is that the Rangers find themselves in a hole of their own making from their bad habits much to often. I don't expect them to be perfect, and when they are perfect like I thought they were against Boston I acknowledge that and congratulate them. I have to call them out when I see them play lazy uninspired hockey. You can't expect to play lazy and loose in the playoffs and expect to win a cup. It just doesn't work that way.

It will be a tough call on Gus. I think he prices himself out of NY. I could see him ending up in Philly. He is exactly the type of player that Torts loves.

I find it odd that you don't understand that evey single team goes through the exact same things.

Reactions: egelband

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
The Devils had 3 goals on 11 shots at one point. I get that the second goal was basically unstoppable, but Igor needs to make a save on one of the other goals. We had outplayed the Devils so handily at that point in the game. You just need your goalie to make a couple tough saves when needed.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we played better with Trouba and Goodrow in the press box (assuming they went there after the line brawl).

Panarin looked good outside of that bad turnover to Bratt. Laf has been on fire, and Trocheck is just a machine. That line just cooks every time they're out on the ice.

Mika looked like he was putting in effort, but still looks so lost. Roslovic is just a waste of space at this point. Kind of annoying that Duclair has 10P in 11GP and is a +5 since going to Tampa, while Roslovic has 7 in 14 and is even. Roslovic is what you get when you dump all your skill points into skating and nothing else.

Kakko is just a massive disappointment. Even games when he scores and has a couple good opportunities, he's still invisible the rest of the time. He just doesn't seem to have the motor to be an impact player, which is sad and frustrating. I think he has the hockey IQ to be a very good shutdown winger. But he just has such a plodding way about him. No fast-twitch, poor acceleration, poor top-end speed, and decent agility.
Hahaha. Even when Kakko scores and has multiple opportunities, he's invisible.

When you ignore the things that Panarin did in that game, what did he do? Invisible.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If you played two great periods and one awful period every night, you probably end up like 60-22.
This fixation on dominating every game start to finish is unrealistic. Would it be awesome, sure. Would it be ideal, sure. But if that’s the expectation you’re not going to get any enjoyment out of being a fan.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I find it odd that you don't understand that evey single team goes through the exact same things.
Half this board thinks this team has to win every game 5-0 and go 82-0-0 or it's unacceptable. The lack of understanding of how a marathon NHL season works is astounding to me. The Florida Panthers have just lost 8 of 10 but we have people upset because we only dominated 45 of the 60 minutes played last night. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad