Eklund Rumor: Eklund: Toronto and Arizona

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Why would Arizona trade away their best trade chip, and add on top of that, for a player they don't want?

They wouldn't but strictly value-wise Arizona would need to add. Arizona trading Chych right now is like the Leafs trying to trade Nylander if he just had a 30 point season and everyone knows they want to move him

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
We have absolutely no need for Chychurn at all. The left side of our blue line is full of quality NHL defenders.

Sure if you don't consider team needs at all Chychurn makes perfect sense.

Chychrun would be a big improvement over oft-injured Jake Muzzin at this point. But Muzzin would have to go for any sort of deal like this.

And I don't see what Arizona gets out of this deal that they need. Nylander is a good player, but do they NEED a guy like him?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Chychrun would be a big improvement over oft-injured Jake Muzzin at this point. But Muzzin would have to go for any sort of deal like this.
Remind me again what the Leafs have lacked in every 1st round exit oh that's right secondary scoring. Outside of Matthews and Marner who produces the most on the team, oh thats right Nylander. Sure though let's add to an already packed LD and get rid of our 3rd best producer to do it.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Remind me again what the Leafs have lacked in every 1st round exit oh that's right secondary scoring. Outside of Matthews and Marner who produces the most on the team, oh thats right Nylander. Sure though let's add to an already packed LD and get rid of our 3rd best producer to do it.

Why are you telling me this? I never suggested this deal, nor do I want it. Just commenting on it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We have absolutely no need for Chychurn at all. The left side of our blue line is full of quality NHL defenders.

Sure if you don't consider team needs at all Chychurn makes perfect sense.
Chychrun at his price, would be an amazing add for Toronto.
Rielly Brodie
Chychrun liljegren
Gio hill/benn

Move muzzin, use that cap to bring in a cheaper top 6 forward.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Why are you telling me this? I never suggested this deal, nor do I want it. Just commenting on it.
My mistake then and I apologize. I was under the assumption you were advocating for the deal.

Chychrun at his price, would be an amazing add for Toronto.
Rielly Brodie
Chychrun liljegren
Gio hill/benn

Move muzzin, use that cap to bring in a cheaper top 6 forward.
Easier said then done and Muzzin with his age and injury history holds way more value to the leafs then any other team and would need a significant add on to aquire an impact top 6 winger.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
My mistake then and I apologize. I was under the assumption you were advocating for the deal.

All good. I just think "in a vaccuum" Chychrun would be a lot better for us than Jake Muzzin. But I agree that losing Nylander makes no sense, as we'd be hard-pressed to replace that offence.

If we could send Muzzin, Sandin and a 1st instead, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Arizona would not go for it, tho.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
All good. I just think "in a vaccuum" Chychrun would be a lot better for us than Jake Muzzin. But I agree that losing Nylander makes no sense, as we'd be hard-pressed to replace that offence.

If we could send Muzzin, Sandin and a 1st instead, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Arizona would not go for it, tho.
I agree with pretty much all of this.

CanHeDoIt99

Mar 14, 2022
Leafs do not need Chychrun. Their d is very good, right now Sandin can't even get into the lineup on the left side as is - so this doesn't make a lot of sense.

The leafs need cheaper depth scoring with high upside, not defense.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Leafs do not need Chychrun. Their d is very good, right now Sandin can't even get into the lineup on the left side as is - so this doesn't make a lot of sense.

The leafs need cheaper depth scoring with high upside, not defense.
This is a refreshing post in a sea of garbage posts.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I just don't see the Leafs completely restructuring their defense AND trying to fill the 70ish point void at RW by the time October rolls around.

Leafs have 4LD who do not play the right side well as it is, adding a 5th just makes it more of a log jam. Meaning you're looking at moving at least 2 of Sandin/Gio/Muzzin out as well and somehow try to get better.

Just doesn't make sense.
Chychurn plays the right side as a left shot.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Perhaps if they are also taking Muzzin, we also get Crouse.

Look I like Chychrun and all but adding without moving Muzzin makes no sense. He is not a RHD and I don’t think he plays as well out of position. He hasn’t had a full season in the NHL 6 NHL seasons(okay the pandemic shortened seasons are a little closer but he seems to be injured an awful lot)

Our wings are not really great after Marner and Nylander truthfully. Taking away one of those elite players makes an already questionable position worse.

Now if we are talking about Kerfoot, Holl, Robertson and a bunch of picks then sure. I get that doesn’t really move the needle but Kerfoot is a cheap real dollar asset that can be flipped at the deadline for a 2nd. Holl while not as valuable likely gets a 3rd at The TDL. Add a few first and boom they got a ton of assets to build a proper team.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Nylander is 2 years older than Chychrun, don't see why Arizona would be interested. He doesn't fit their rebuild timeline.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Why stop there, add Matthews as well

smh Holl + Sandin + Knies + 1st, LOL. Wouldn't do Knies 1 for 1, forget the add. Chychrun has become so over rated here it's ridiculous.
We already traded them Matthews and a 1st for OEL, remember?

Then OEL was the best defenceman our franchise had ever had, at least that's what I was told at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad