Eklund Rumor: Eklund Hotstove: Silfverberg - TOR, PIT, MIN, and BOS

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
This one makes a lot of sense. He's still young enough, has a good contract to fit in down the stretch for a contender, and Ducks need youth. I'd 100% move Silf if a nice prospect and pick are involved.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Would love him at Toronto. Not sure we can compete with what other teams will offer though.

Not really a fan of rentals either, would want to keep him long term, which again... isn't happening.

I reckon he lands in Boston.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
The last thing Pittsburgh needs to do is send whatever left futures they have for a rental that they can't afford to resign. Pass.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The scary thing is I can actually believe Fenton is targeting Silfverberg for one of Coyle or Zucker. And while I wouldn’t be opposed to trading those guys, acquiring Silfverberg is the exact type of move that is going to keep this team in perpetual mediocrity.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The scary thing is I can actually believe Fenton is targeting Silfverberg for one of Coyle or Zucker. And while I wouldn’t be opposed to trading those guys, acquiring Silfverberg is the exact type of move that is going to keep this team in perpetual mediocrity.
If he thought he could re-sign Silvferberg for less than Zucker's making I could see it, but I agree it'd be a mistake.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yeah, we don't really have anything to send this year other than our 1st round pick..

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
so help me god if the wild trade greenway for him i'm going to...do nothing. just be really bitter.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I think the only way that Toronto is involved is if its downgrade for a good contract. Trading Kapanen for Silfverberg+ could be a good deal for Toronto if it helps them with their cap issues.

Reactions: riznat

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He may be in the Pens plans as a FA but they have to move a coupe of contracts to make an offer.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Is Silf a RHD? No? Ugh.....

They still need another forward the LW is weak, 4th line C is nonexistent, and no don't tell me Lindholm and Gauthier are good enough, they just aren't we both know it.

Yes they need another D man but yes they do need a forward

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
so help me god if the wild trade greenway for him i'm going to...do nothing. just be really bitter.

That would be a borderline fireable offense if you ask me. Luckily I don’t think we have to worry about Greenway being the one. It sounds like Fenton isn’t really interested in sending futures, and it sounds like management and coaches love him.

Reactions: rynryn

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
Toronto only needs 2 positions . #1rhd and #4center upgrade, could ve argued a solid backup goalie incase if injuries in the playoffs. We really have no need for wingers. Unless it's tge Wayne Simmonds type , but not worth the assets at this point in time .Heck brown is a serviceable Player were trying to dump for cap relief. It has nothing to do with skill , just an easy contract for a player who is useful.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
They still need another forward the LW is weak, 4th line C is nonexistent, and no don't tell me Lindholm and Gauthier are good enough, they just aren't we both know it.

We only have so many assets, would much rather worry about our glaring need.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Are leafs able to extend Silfverberg? Or are they looking at him just as a rental?

With acquiring Muzzin. I’m not sure about there cap situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad