Speculation: Eklund (DEBUNKED): Everything Is On Fire (Scott out, Yeo out, El Presidente Chuckles, Briere GM)

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ek said:
All just rumors at this point, but it appears a major shakeup is coming to the Flyers.

Dave Scott is retiring, Tucker Roberts will be new COO, Chuck Fletcher would be elevated to full team president with Danny Briere possibly becoming the Flyers new GM. The flyers would then do an extensive search for a new coach.

Clarity shortly

For clarity: Tucker Roberts is the son of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts, so hooray nepotism!

(Edit: Just realized I copied and pasted rather than quoting Ek. Basically the entire original post was his post on HB.)

Edit 2: Hey, looks like we can edit the automerge box out of our posts. That's at least something.

Edit 3: And this is why I flagged this as Eklund/Speculation, rather than anything credible:

Granted, Carchidi's not much of an improvement on Ek, but he's got a direct quote from Scott in there, so on this one, completely legit.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Doesn't really make sense if Fletcher is speaking at 11.

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
All just rumors at this point, but it appears a major shakeup is coming to the Flyers.

Dave Scott is retiring, Tucker Roberts will be new COO, Chuck Fletcher would be elevated to full team president with Danny Briere possibly becoming the Flyers new GM. The flyers would then do an extensive search for a new coach.

Clarity shortly
Post automatically merged:

For clarity: Tucker Roberts is the son of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts, so hooray nepotism!
I hope this is not true.
What has Fletcher done to deserve any importrant role on this team respectively being elevated? Most of his actions in his short stint hurt the team.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So... nothing changes.

Exactly what we all expected with the caveat of the CEO of Comcast giving his son a play toy instead of Scott...so it's arguably worse.

Yay Orange Team!

Oh it's definitely worse. The options were Briere taking over as GM when Fletcher is fired or this version, which means everyone gets a new length of rope.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I doubt this is all true, things are not adding up. If Scott was indeed retiring, Fletcher would probably love to stay as a GM trying to sell his version of a rebuild.
And Briere seems to be way too smart to be lured into the quick retool idea. But what do I know :DD

Reactions: renberg

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt this is all true, things are not adding up. If Scott was indeed retiring, Fletcher would probably love to stay as a GM trying to sell his version of a rebuild.
It's a lot easier to insulate yourself from a firing if you're the President, though. If you're the GM, you're the one executing, so your head's on the chopping block when things go wrong. Add a flunky, and you can argue that they're the one making the mistakes, they're the one who should be fired, not you.

Reactions: Amorgus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When I said I liked it, I thought I was the only one that could see the weird merged banners because it was my posts that were merged. As usual, I was wrong and dumb.
I didn't see you said you liked it. I was searching through the whole board looking for an answer because just like Beef appearing in the Quackverse this appeared over the weekend unbeknownst to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad